PDA

View Full Version : Zoom h2... carrying case for all the stuff?

steve V. johnson
Feb-14-2008, 10:14am
I've been looking for a small case to carry my Zoom H2 and it's various accessories (wall wart, cables, desktop stand, mic stand extension/handle,
SD chips...).

I wonder what you H2 users have found for these?

I found a small camera case, at Best Buy, for the Edirol R-09 recorder, but it hasn't got the mic stand thing nor desk stand, so that case can be smaller...

Thanks,

stv

Avi Ziv
Feb-14-2008, 10:23am
How about something like this (http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-MIC-CASE-1) or is it too bulky?

Avi

shadco
Feb-14-2008, 10:28am
Here's waht I'm using from lowepro

http://products.lowepro.com/product/Apex-100%20AW,1900.htm

coolwood
Feb-14-2008, 10:46am
I put mine in a pelican case #1120. #Everything fit in the case except the manual. #These cases have the pickable foam so you can customize the case to your liking.
These cases go for about $30.

Here is a link, http://www.pelican-case.com/1120.html

Good luck,
Bill

Bob Wiegers
Feb-14-2008, 10:51am
perhaps this isnt what you have in mind, but I put mine with the essentials in the little box in my OM/guitar case.

tree
Feb-14-2008, 12:22pm
Interesting . . . I was thinking of building a wooden one, but haven't acted on the idea.

Elliot Luber
Feb-14-2008, 1:51pm
Why not buy a digital camera case?

Mr. Loar
Feb-14-2008, 1:57pm
Musician's Friend and others have Rocksacks bags of various sizes with various compartments reasonably priced.

jim_n_virginia
Feb-15-2008, 12:53am
I bought a medium size digital camera case for it at CompUSA that works pefectly. It is small yet big enough to hold the H-2 and all the accessories (mic stand holder, table stand, USB and stereo cable and ear buds.

It even has room to put a card of four batteries in in and yet it's still small enough to put the whole thing in my coat pocket.

morgan
Feb-15-2008, 11:35am
I figured that I or someone would eventually step on it/trash it if I kept it in anything soft, so I keep the H2 and each associated gizmo in a separate bubble-wrap baggie inside a small hinged hard plastic case (formerly used to house a Dwyer magnehelic pressure gauge.) So far so good, with that added benefit that I haven't misplaced any of the accessories .

JHo
Feb-15-2008, 12:20pm
I use a small LowePro camera bag, not point & shoot small, but one for a small SLR or rangefinder (used to hold my old Leica M6, so it's got the mojo). It's nicely padded and compartmentalized, and the padded dividers are movable which is nice. It's got plenty of space for the accessories, but not too much more than that, just right. I like that it takes a shoulder strap too, as I'm not a big fan of carrying things by hand if I can avoid it.

I kind of want one of those Pelican cases mentioned above, they look pretty sweet, but since I already have something that does the job well, I suppose that can wait.

Mandoleaning
Feb-15-2008, 12:39pm
I'm new to this forum,but have been lurking for a while. #I'm also new to mandolin, but have been playing guitar for 40 years.

I got a Zoom H2 for Christmas and looked around the house for a carrying case. #I'm using an insulated lunch bag. #It's padded, has a couple of zippered compartments, and is big enough to hold everything, including the manual and a 10 ft. extension cord.

mandroid
Feb-15-2008, 3:25pm
Perhaps a bike messenger bag, there's smaller ones,
sling it over your head and shoulder and have hands free for more stuff.

Big box grocery stores are selling reusable shopping bags of late, 3rd choice in the Paper or Plastic dilemma..

steve V. johnson
Feb-16-2008, 9:42am
Thanks to all for your replies!

(Mandroid, we got our '3rd choice' bags from our local food co-op. We're so PC that they're made of recycled
plastic bags! ;-) )

I told my splendid wife that I was asking y'all about this and she went out and found the perfect small camera bag for
the H2. It's very similar to the one that I use for the Edirol R-09 and it's stuff, but different enough that I can tell them
apart at a glance. It's by LowePro, sort of similar to what Shad showed us.

Ahh, she's so good to me!

Many thanks to all,

stv