PDA

View Full Version : Austin City Limits 1980

AlanN
Jun-15-2004, 8:30am
A buddy burned this DVD for me, just got it. Man-o-mandolin, it's way cool. DGQ was Dave, Mike, Darol, O'Connor and Wasserman, what else to say? Second segment was Jethro, Tiny, Eldon Shamblin (all sadly gone now), Wasserman and a drummer. Tiny plays the Bigsby 5-string plus a Monteleone A. Gimble on mandolin and fiddle and the Legendary One. They do some tunes off Back To Back, which had come out one year prior, plus some swing standards and blues. Just great playing, that's all.

Spruce
Jun-15-2004, 10:28am
That's a good 'un...

Those guys are just so-ooo smooth....

onlyagibsonisgoodenuff
Jun-15-2004, 2:29pm
Hey, Alan, do you know if that dvd is offered for sale anywhere?

ChrisWallace
Jun-15-2004, 3:14pm
Hi,
Speaking of "Back to Back" (umm...kind of), have any of you guys heard about that album being re-released on CD? I heard some rumors a while back that Grisman's label was going to re-release it but, at least for now, it still looks like a rumor to me.

Any news on that front?

Swinguit 57
Jun-22-2004, 8:53am
If you're interested in a copy of "Back to Back" let me know. #I have the lp which I've burned to disc, as well as "Tiny Moore Music", which features music in the same vein. #One or two cuts include the same jazz guys on "Back to Back". #They'd probably both fit on an 80 minute CD, which I'd be glad to burn for you. #I'd be very interested in that DVD too! #Perhaps we can circulate copies amongst ourselves.