PDA

View Full Version : Your Mandolin Cafe chord t-shirt

Scott Tichenor
Jun-15-2004, 7:18am
Jim Ruff sent this picture of his mandolin student Isabelle McCoy and her twist on what to do with a plain white Cafe Chord t-shirt. I like her style!

levin4now
Jun-15-2004, 7:53am
Very nice. What are your thoughts about future runs of the same shirt, or a different style? I've got ideas. I'm sure a lot of people do, but I thought I'd see what you've been thinking.

OdnamNool
Jun-16-2004, 3:28am
Oh dear... the pest is back...

Alrighty, Scott... Now I mentioned this to you quite awhile back, but you brushed me off... #Here's the deal...(and please correct me if I'm wrong!

The B flat chord on the M'Cafe tee shirt is wrong! #Is B flat, F, D, and E a B flat chord? #No! #(Perhaps I have a faulty tee-shirt?)

levin4now
Jun-16-2004, 2:26pm
Odnam,

Send it back to Scott - he can correct it with a sharpie, autograph it and send it back!

ADM

Scott Tichenor
Jun-16-2004, 5:12pm
Oh dear... the pest is back...

Alrighty, Scott... Now I mentioned this to you quite awhile back, but you brushed me off... #Here's the deal...(and please correct me if I'm wrong!

The B flat chord on the M'Cafe tee shirt is wrong! #Is B flat, F, D, and E a B flat chord? #No! #(Perhaps I have a faulty tee-shirt?)
Do you realize what you have? A rare, one-of-a-kind one-off misprint Mandolin Cafe t-shirt with the Bb inversion. Literally, this is a one in a million. This makes this shirt literally, priceless... You think a Loar is expensive? Pop that T on eBay and you'll be retired!

(pssst--don't play an E note in a Bb, unless you like to annoy people).

I put an X over notes in chords when I don't want the string played on the chord charts (http://www.mandolincafe.com/cgi-bin/chords/ch.pl) on the Cafe, but that seems to equally confuse a few even though I've spelled it out. Oh, well.

OdnamNool
Jun-17-2004, 4:11am
You're not trickin' me, Scott... #No-sir-eee-bob... I'm hangin' on to my very valuable Tee...

Funny... The most recent diddle I've been diddlin' with does indeed have a passage of "tri-tones"... #(Such as, from B-flat to E...) #Actually, I think they sound cool, depending upon the approach... #It's just a stupid song that I'm writing... #And tri-tones fit in there... #(well, to me, they do...)

Back to the chord... Believe me... I tried that B-flat chord every which way... front, back, left-handed, tilted, upside-down, forward, backward, somersaulted, twirlygiged, inverted... #Nothing worked...

And I still don't understand your chord charts!

mandomick
Jun-17-2004, 5:53pm
You don't play the string if there's an X on it. Mute it or play around it, just don't play ANY notes on a string with X on it.

I like the look of the Cafe chords and the tie dye.

levin4now
Jun-17-2004, 8:37pm
Odnam, I didn't know you were having trouble understanding those "x"s! You are supposed to cross your fingers over top of that string...inverting or reversing your fingers if you will.

berkeleymando
Jun-28-2004, 11:56pm
Scott, if you ever make up another batch of these shirts, please let me know. I want one!

OdnamNool
Jun-29-2004, 6:25am
Well... #Garsh!

Looky there, Scott! #You were right! #The tee-shirt is in demand...

Hot diggity dang!

And mine...being the unique one that it is... #Jeepers![I]

And guess what?[I] #Mine's never been worn...

mandodude knows why...

Yo! #DUDE #ya out there?