PDA

View Full Version : Tabs

mandolinny
Feb-08-2008, 9:11am
Would anyone have the tab for the Counting Crows song Perfect Blue Buildings, please and thank you!!!! I did a general google search but didn't come up with anything. Tami http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif)

JEStanek
Feb-08-2008, 10:06am
Tammy,

I don't have the mandolin tab, but I Googled the Chords (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Perfect+Blue+Buildings+chords) and got a bunch of hits. This will give you the key the song is in. You may be able to work out the melody once you have the chords and key.

It's a start.

Jamie

mandolinny
Feb-08-2008, 10:07am
You give me to much credit.........lol....thank you I'll work from there!!!
Tami

JEStanek
Feb-08-2008, 10:56am
Believe me if I can learn some simple melodies by ear you can too. IT just takes trial and error and practice. I don't sight read musical notation or tab (I actually like a blend of both) and I can really only sing if someone else is singing next to me on the same part. But if I really like a tune, and listen to it a ridiculous ammount, I can start to get some of the riffs, from my ears to my fingers. I find humming or singing the melody very slowly as I try and pick it out single note by single note works. Knowing the key the song is in, and practicing that key's scale helps me know which frets I should likely not bother with.

For this beginner, that's pretty darn satisfying. Give it a try and good luck.

Jamie

mandolinny
Feb-08-2008, 11:36am
I have noticed that when I hear a song that I particularly like the mandolin parts in, I listen to it ad nauseum, case in point Counting Crows is in the CD player. I would imagine this does help to train the ear. Thanks for you help!!!!
Tami

Jonathan Peck
Feb-08-2008, 11:44am
If you can sing it, you can play it!

mandolinny
Feb-08-2008, 12:22pm
I wouldn't call what I do singing...lol
Tami

Matt Hutchinson
Feb-12-2008, 4:29am
Perfect Blue Buildings is a beautiful song and August and Everything After is a beautiful album. I saw Counting Crows on the UK tour for the album in 1994 and it's one of the most moving gigs I've ever been to. Nothing they've done since has quite had the impact of August.... for me.

Matt