PDA

View Full Version : Elven Wood Mandolins

GeoMandoAlex
Feb-04-2004, 9:29am
I happened to see Josh's website recently (nice site Josh), and in his links page, there is a link to elvenwood mandolins. How are these instruments interms of overall quality (sound, building, etc.)?? The prices seem like they are very good, but are they a good mandolin.

I've only been playing for a few months and will admit to having scroll fever. I'm actually looking into buying a MK (possible dragonfly towards the end of the year. What would the comparison be between these two and any others within the price range (<$1000)

dudleyunderhill
Feb-04-2004, 9:57am
I have an Elvenwood Elf, which is a A style with an F style peghead. I like it a lot, but it's my first mando so I don't have much to compare it with. To me, it has a big woody sound and a nice chop. I picked mine up on e-bay, but I did call Elvenwood before I bought it. I spoke with Jeff Pinkham (Josh's dad, I believe) and he was very helpful. Give them a call, he will be happy to answer any questions you may have about their product. Elvenwoods are pac-rim instruments.

I'm planning to go to a local shop and compare mine to the Kentucky 250 I almost bought, so I'll post my opinion after I do.