PDA

View Full Version : A true golden age (and it's still going!)

Gary Hedrick
Feb-03-2008, 10:33am
I have been out of the mix for 4 years. As I get back in I am very impressed with all that I see in today's makers. Looking through all the postings here there are a lot of folks that are making some really good looking stuff.....being willing to push the envelope of shape, color, design detail, materials of contruction etc.

All of this makes me think that 100 years from now this will be looked at as a golden time of mandolin making. There is so much information sharing...so much information available over such a wide area both geographically and topic wise on the building that it is causing exponential growth.

The Cafe has grown so much and is so much more complete than when I first joined. There are so many people joining and looking and visiting....12k members and there are at least that many visitors....

Also mandolins are truly getting out of the Bluegrass agenda again...so many different styles of music of instruments or approaches to music and the instrument. Whew!! Mandolins are back in the saddle ...

I am just in awe of it all........so much info...so little time to read it all.........but I sure do enjoy it!!!

Thanks for letting me spew over

woodwizard
Feb-03-2008, 10:37am
I'm with you man. This is a great place for mandolin lovers. I too think this is another Golden Age that will be noted in the future.