PDA

View Full Version : Master Model?

onlyagibsonisgoodenuff
Jun-13-2004, 11:24am
These are pics of my varnished Fern. This is as close as I'll ever get to owning a Loar. I know that any time I look at the Loar pictures, it's the Ferns that catch my eye. About a week ago, I played the first Master Model I've ever laid my hands on, and thought it sounded pretty good until I got my Fern out. This Fern blew the MM out of the water with tone and volume! The MM was an interesting, and beautiful gold sunburst, and was one of the prettiest mandos I've ever seen. Just wish it had been better sounding.

onlyagibsonisgoodenuff
Jun-13-2004, 11:26am
oops, forgot the pics.

onlyagibsonisgoodenuff
Jun-13-2004, 11:27am
beautiful inlay on peghead

onlyagibsonisgoodenuff
Jun-13-2004, 11:28am
back

samuel
Jun-13-2004, 2:10pm
Great looking mando!!!

Paul Statman
Jun-18-2004, 4:17pm
Master Models take a little longer to open up, or 'break in'. Yours is a beauty, though; enjoy!

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/blues.gif

mandoman4807
Jun-18-2004, 5:59pm
I have been placing my Master in front of one of my 10 inch sub-woofers, used in my home entertainment system. It has tremendously opened up in tone.

I would assume that great care must be taken as to not splinter the mandolin all over the room!

onlyagibsonisgoodenuff
Jun-18-2004, 9:00pm
Just don't put it next to the fireplace tools. It might open up more than you'd want!

mandoman4807
Jun-19-2004, 6:58am
Fred,

your are absolutely right!! Good point.

Darrell