PDA

View Full Version : A-9 serial number ?

300win
Jan-25-2008, 5:29pm
Today after 43 years I finally got a Gibson. Something I never thought would happen. It is a Gibson A-9, and is a great playing /sounding mandolin. I would like to know if any here can tell me when this one was made. Probaly Big Joe for sure, but I'm guessing that there are others here that knows also. The serial number is 51011010. I got this mandolin at the music store that is close to where I live , they are an authorized Gibson dealer, and I got it at a discount price because of a couple of very small finish scratches on the top plate. I think they have had this mandolin for 4-5 years. Anyway, if any of ya'll can help me on this I'd appreciate it.

JimW
Jan-25-2008, 5:39pm
It was made October 11th, 2005 and was the first A9 produced that day.

Jim

David Newton
Jan-25-2008, 5:51pm
Who has a modern Gibson # list?

300win
Jan-25-2008, 11:48pm
Appreciate the info Jim.

Greenmando
Jan-25-2008, 11:53pm
I got this mandolin at the music store that is close to where I live , they are an authorized Gibson dealer, and I got it at a discount price because of a couple of very small finish scratches on the top plate. I think they have had this mandolin for 4-5 years. Anyway, if any of ya'll can help me on this I'd appreciate it.
Keep your receipt for any future warranty work. I have never needed any work, but Big Joe told me they rely on your original receipt to prove being the original owner.

Cheers!