PDA

View Full Version : Jerman electric mandolin

Frank Russell
Jan-17-2008, 2:43pm
I've had this about a week, been fussing with getting it set up the way I like it. Thought I'd post some pictures here for fellow emando fans. This is my first small builder custom electric. I've owned a Mandobird and a Kentucky KM300E before this, and this one was not much more pricey than either, but light years ahead in playability, sustain and volume. Frank

Frank Russell
Jan-17-2008, 2:44pm
Sorry for the lame pix, not great with a camera. Here's a closer shot of the top.

The Non-Sequiteers
Jan-17-2008, 11:48pm
So you would recomend him to others... if he wasnt taking a break? Any complaints?

JimRichter
Jan-17-2008, 11:55pm
Andrew Jerman is a top notch individual and craftsman. I've known him a while as he lives about 45 minutes from me. He takes what he does pretty seriously. We've talked about him making me an electric, though I do know that he is revamping what he's doing business-wise regarding the emandos. What was a fun hobby has turned into a business so he has to rethink what he's doing.

Jim

earthsave
Jan-18-2008, 9:35am
Andrew is a great guy and makes a beautiful emando. Gotta put one on my list for the future.

mando.player
Jan-18-2008, 10:27am
How is the tone compared the MandoBird? On my MandoBird the E string is a little weak.

Frank Russell
Jan-18-2008, 11:34am
From emails with Andrew, what Jim Richter said above sounds correct. I think he got swamped, and maybe wasn't enjoying it as much, since it's not his main business. I have yet to play anything in the $200 - $400 range that could beat this instrument for tone, volume, and plain old fun. I enjoy playing it so much more than I did my Mandobird or KM300E, which were both good entry level instruments. Hopefully if he takes a break it will be a short one. I would order from him again. I found him to be honest and open to suggestions, and quick to respond to any concerns. Frank

JimRichter
Jan-18-2008, 1:41pm
Andrew's intent--as mine was with the web design stuff when I was doing it heavy--was to provide a quality product to the working musician at a very reasonable price. Problem is, you can only continue to do that for so long before you realize you're making nothing, swamped with work, and the fun has gone out of it.

Jim