PDA

View Full Version : Microphone for 2 singers

smilnJackB
Jun-08-2004, 6:46am
My wife and I were formely with a band/group that provided amps and mikes. #Now we want to do some performing on our own with vocals and plugged in mando and plugged in accoustic electric guitar. #We would like to do a little harmonica and Irish whistle too.
#We have an acoustic amp and a cheap mike. #Guitar, mando and vocals sound fine, but you practically have to have a lip on the mike. #And it does not pick up harmonica well at all.
#We want to keep this simple. #Is there a mike that will work for 2 singers, say up to 2 feet away? #
#Will we be better off getting a second acoustic amp and 2 better mikes? #I am interested in a Fender Acoustasonic Jr. #Help is appreciated. I am ignorant about mikes, amps, etc.
# Jack

billbo
Jun-10-2004, 6:46am
I have seen many people use a single large condenser mic. It picks up the vocals of 2 or 3 people, and soloists. They require phantom power, and a quiet stage with an attentive adience. Its is an old school approach, but it works well for small acoustic groups. YOu can find a decent mic like a Rode for under 200.

mandroid
Jun-20-2004, 12:15am
Local quartet uses A pair of AKG condenser cardoids on one stand , so their patterns panorama a bit wider is another good option. 90degree array.
Standing behind the house speaker (w/o monitor)
Omni would allow wide pattern, but then its the Q: where goes the monitor? (mic could pick up reflected output) http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif