PDA

View Full Version : Help "jeffshuniak" thread

craig
Jun-07-2004, 5:35pm
sorry to single you out here jeff http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif , but here goes . . .

i'd prefer it if all recordings are in the MP3 format for the MP page. it just makes it easier for everyone and minimizes the bandwidth usage. i've had software to convert WMA to WAV, then used Audacity to convert WAV to MP3 for jeffshuniak in the past. but, i'm on a different, SLOWER computer now. can't do this anymore.

can someone help the guy (and me) out so that i can post up his recordings?

craig

levin4now
Jun-07-2004, 9:39pm
Craig,

What software does someone need to help? I have the PC power I think, but only fast Internet at work.

Alan

mandoanon
Jun-08-2004, 4:12am
I downloaded Jeff's .wma file and tried to convert it to mp3. #I was unable to play or convert it because Windows kept giving me some kind of license agreement error. #Not what sure what to do about that.

jeffshuniak
Jun-08-2004, 5:41am
thanks so much for trying to help, you guys. I am obviously not computer saavy.

Mark Normand
Jun-08-2004, 7:13am
Someone wants to send it to me, I have 2-3 programs that can do this.
mnormand@petrolog.com

Be happy to assist...
Mark

PCypert
Jun-08-2004, 10:58am
Be shure when you save it to WMA that you uncheck the copywright protect box in the options menu. That will keep others from being able to copy it over. You're going to lose a bit of the audio quality copying it from one lossless to another though.

jeffshuniak
Jun-08-2004, 12:20pm
I will try to resave it tomorrow.

Brian Ray
Jun-11-2004, 11:28am
jeffshuniak,

I still can't play your file. In the interest of attempting to help you, I'll let you in on a little secret... Windows Media Player sucks.

If you're running Windows 2000 or XP, I would recommend downloading iTunes and using it to convert your tunes to MP3s. If you're running another version of Windows, I'm afraid I won't be able to help you.

Download iTunes for Windows here... (http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/)

jeffshuniak
Jun-14-2004, 6:24am
ok, thanks. #I just gave away my last CD to a really awesome girl I met this weekend, who actually now has to leave for wisconson because of a family crisis, she just moved here too, so maybe I will never see her again. I am taking her to the airport tomorrow morning and we are hanging out today and until then. I will have to write another song , about this..very inspiring yet sad. we really connected on things like music, beatnik literature, conspiracy theories, theological and philosophical things... yeh, were both wackos. so sad to meet someone so interesting and full of so much good spirit, who has to turn around and leave. then she had to call me at like 3 in the morning with her "confused bit" about how she may come back and she wants to see more of me. oh I sometimes wonder whether god is really nice or not. he seems like a teaser, to me. so long story short,
I will be posting much more very soon. perhaps I will mail the CD to someone out here with a brain, for my lack of.. and that will save us all some annoyance and pain.

mandoJeremy
Jun-14-2004, 4:50pm
Dude Jeff, just send me the file at jphilbec@bellsouth.net and I will convert it and send it back. Also, I know all about those lost loves. It is very inspiring musically but not good for anything else.

jeffshuniak
Jun-28-2004, 1:06pm
I just put up the "cancao para rebecca" (mandolin solo) and
"hasapiko" (bazouki/guitar) .. as MP3s. will it work? I dunno:O

Martin Jonas
Jun-30-2004, 5:59am
Jeff --

I've just listened to "Cancao Para Rebecca" on the Yahoo site and can confirm that it works just fine. It sounds lovely as well and I'm really glad I've finally been able to listen to it after hearing about it for a while. The composition has a nice Lating flavour and suits the brilliant sound of the bowlback very well. Great bowlback playing!

Martin