PDA

View Full Version : new ward elliott

sam b
Jun-07-2004, 12:09pm
Hi-
I haven't really had much reason to post before but now I definitely do. This is a mandolin that Ward Elliott made me, and it is ever so sweet! It came in the mail on Friday and already the tone is wonderful. Ward is impeccable in his craftmanship, eye for detail and care to sound. The color is a beautiful dark red. Slab back. Red Spruce top. It is a remarkable instrument. I could not be happier.
This is an image of the mando that he has on his webshots page(I hope it shows). To see more of it and other mandolins Ward has done recently, please go to the Eye Candy page and click on his mandolin. By the way, Ward is also a great guy. This was my first time ordering a custom instrument, and Ward was very helpful in helping me through the process. #
Sam

sam b
Jun-07-2004, 12:12pm
obviously the image is smaller than I hoped for but here is his webshots page...my mando is on the second page.

http://community.webshots.com/album/31367138rMPNqlnxsN

Sam

phynie
Jun-07-2004, 12:28pm
nice!

Jim Roberts
Jun-07-2004, 1:08pm
Sam...wait about a week to ten days of playing and it'll open up beyond belief! #Mine took a giant leap forward this weekend after nine days. #Ward is a top-notch builder and a top-notch guy to work with.

Enjoy!

Jun-07-2004, 2:26pm
Very Nice mandos! How much are the Wards like that going for these days?

Pattroglyph
Jun-08-2004, 8:10pm
Hello Sam!
I am sooo happy for you now that your dreams have come true. When I heard that Ward had shipped it, I was giddy with delight. SOOOooo Don't let your fingers get to sore now! Beautiful!

sam b
Jun-09-2004, 8:22am
Thanks for the nice words from everyone. I'm going to Kaufman's camp and of course will have the mandolin there if anyone wants to check it out. It's already opening up and getting more complex tones. Exciting stuff!

Fred G
Jun-09-2004, 10:32am
really nice! I love the color with the binding.