PDA

View Full Version : forgot how to add to the misc, musings.

jeffshuniak
Jun-04-2004, 8:22am
I hate computers. I like musical instruments though, but bothering with computers steals from my time, I will gladly pay anyone to do this stuff for me. #i have lots of songs to #post ... no time to hassle... I have trades, or money, if anyone wants to help me out.

please,, I want to add some songs to the misc musings, but the yahoo account, the bla bla bla,,,
sorry , I am russian and greek, my blood doesnt take to well to complications....

Bluegrasstjej
Jun-04-2004, 8:56am
Don't worry, it's easy.
I guess you have a Yahoo account, since you've posted before?
Go to Mandolin Project Yahoo Group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mandolinproject).
Then click on "Sign in to Yahoo" just above the mandolin head. type your username and password. Then you should be directed back to the MP group.
Click on "files" in the left menu, and then click on "Miscellanous musings".
Click on "add file". Then you'll have a button named "browse" to find the file on your computer. click there and once you've find it click on "open" and you'll see the url in that little space on the "add file" page.

When you're done click on "upload file".

jeffshuniak
Jun-04-2004, 9:46am
you are right, that is exactly how it "should" work... hmmm.. too bad...I wish I could share this stuff. oh well.

jeffshuniak
Jun-04-2004, 9:50am
I mean , craig's idea is beautiful and great, but the yahoo angle, is a total turn away for me...why cant I simply log in ?
I notice, so many posters in this forum have problems with the yahoo...

Bluegrasstjej
Jun-04-2004, 10:36am
Maybe try to create another Yahoo account. Mine has problems at the cyber jam site sometimes. But when I log in with another account, it works. Weird.. Those huge internet portals always have some troubles.

jeffshuniak
Jun-04-2004, 10:49am
I did it... yeah...I guess you have the read the directions:p

well I hope it makes it to musings, its not that great but its a cool cool cool tune. I thinks.

jeffshuniak
Jun-04-2004, 10:51am
hey, I will be hugging a nurse real soon, bluegrassjej...
I met one the other night, she can belly dance...she showed me... I said "oh yeh" here is my phone #, # and she has been calling me but I keep missing her calls ....I met her thru one of my 'honest" female friends.sorry, I thought your post script was funny.

jeffshuniak
Jun-04-2004, 11:40am
oh my, posting pics is no fun either.... how the heck do I name the file correctly,,, it doenst like my hames.

Brian Ray
Jun-04-2004, 11:45am
First off, you need to join the group in order to post and such. Sounds like you did...

Webservers don't like weird characters. Spaces, commas, apastrophes, etc... should be avoided. Proper extensions are also a good idea (eg. .jpg or .mp3).

jeffshuniak
Jun-04-2004, 11:48am
yeh man I have been trying all of this....oh well... I guess its not really important anyway. #and I am selling my computer next week anyway.. I'll still drop in from the library time to time.....
maybe I'll post the pics in the classical or folk forum with a link to musings. since I seriously am not going to mess with this for too long. I really dont mean to sound cocky but I am sharing stuff for free, I dont want to work very hard at it..you know what I mean? I really dont mean to sound like a jerk but I probably am one, certainly have no fuse for stuff like this.

levin4now
Jun-04-2004, 12:07pm
last night I tried to add a misc.mus. but it took forever using dialup so i axed it. (actually, it looked like it had progressed (the green bar at teh bottom of my IE screen to the point of being done, but it never said it was complete.)

Don't hold your breath, it was a poor attempt at Dixie Hoedown.

Bluegrasstjej
Jun-04-2004, 12:12pm
Well, Jeff, I know what you mean, but this site is for fun, not to sell records. It's for letting other pickers hear what you sound like when you play. If you don't want to do it, don't do it.

Bluegrasstjej
Jun-04-2004, 12:13pm
Very nice tunes, by the way!

Brian Ray
Jun-04-2004, 12:41pm
First off, you're posting Windows Media Files (.wma) instead of mp3s. Your choice, but mp3s are preferred. You also have spaces and commas in your filenames and more importantly, neither of your files have extensions (.wma).

I understand that you're frustrated but I can't help if you won't listen.

To add insult to injury, when I try to listen to your songs, I get errors... they won't play in my version of WMP. Sorry you're having problems...

Bluegrasstjej
Jun-04-2004, 12:56pm
I had that problem too. Maybe you could just shorten the file names (like "polka set" instead of the names of all the included tunes) and convert them to mp3 instead. mp3 is normally easier to deal with.

Brian Ray
Jun-04-2004, 1:03pm
Also, just so we're clear, this is something we ALL need to keep in mind...

Neither I nor any others get paid to help others, post our tunes or for any of our time spent in this group. Craig doesn't get paid to run this project. We are here because we choose to be.

I understand that frustration can lead to heated comments, especially online... I strongly reccommend folks take some time, count to ten or whatever, before posting.

jeffshuniak
Jun-04-2004, 1:05pm
well I think if you just go into yahoo groups and go under files, its there,

certetshni, gandzia polka, and rebecca's song.

jeffshuniak
Jun-04-2004, 1:08pm
I realize I get very frustrated...
thats why I offered to pay someone else to do this for me....
I will mail a CD , I just dont want to deal with the computer anymore. its no one's fault but mine, but I appreciate and will compensate for any help..

I did say that I really appreciate the forum...

Kelly_guy
Jun-04-2004, 1:12pm
Jeff, just try converting them to mp3's and uploading them again, ok? Use short filenames, like Susanne suggested. song1.mp3 for example. If you're using Audacity, it should be able to save as an mp3, and audacity's help files tell you how to do this. The files you've uploaded may be there at the group webpage, but for most of us, Internet Explorer simply can't handle the long file names and the lack of the .mp3 extension. Thanks. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif