PDA

View Full Version : Would You?

EasyEd
Feb-03-2004, 10:46am
Hey All,

I'm looking to upgrade from my MIC KM 250s. Have my sights set on a Weber Absaroka (or better yet a Beartooth). When I see an offer like this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....y=10179 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3700819386&category=10179)

doanepoole
Feb-03-2004, 10:50am
he!! no! There are no pictures, nor one word of description about that mandolin.

Buyer beware!

EasyEd
Feb-03-2004, 10:52am
Hey All,

That shouldn't a happened... Do not hit enter twice or your message may not be finished before it's posted.

Anyway would you bid on something like this? I've emailed the seller twice no response. I suspect no response for anyone else either. Could be a Loar or...

Mmm... What to do. Mayber it's just the last week of Alberta below zero F weather.

How many of you would take this chance? Opinions Please...

Take Care! -Ed-

BTW I've never been anywhere near Cleveland an have no idea who the seller is.

John Flynn
Feb-03-2004, 10:53am
Also the seller is new, has no track record and gives no description other that "Gibson Mandolin." Run away!

doanepoole
Feb-03-2004, 10:56am
Could be a Loar or...

I will assume this is not a prank.

If its not, telling you not to but this mandolin may be the single best piece of advice I have ever given on this board.

Feb-03-2004, 11:31am
Several of us emailed him asking for pictures & he said he would send some.......never did.

Eric F.
Feb-03-2004, 11:34am
Oddly, he ended the auction early "because of an error in the listing." Perhaps the part where he said he had a mandolin for sale?

EasyEd
Feb-03-2004, 2:23pm
Hey All,

98% chance I would not have bid but he solved the prob himself. However somebody did bid. Does that person have any claim or can the seller cancel at any time? At least many of you got a response. I never did. I was just curious $500 was not that expensive if there was anything to what he said.

Take Care! -Ed-

atetone
Feb-03-2004, 3:14pm
Ed, These things come and go. Not a chance I would bid on that one. I emailed him also and was told he would send pic's but none came.
If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.
Of course I have seen some killer deals on Ebay. The best one was a buy-it-now for an A4 snakehead for $1200.
It lasted just long enough for me to hyperventilate and "poof", it was gone.
Patience Ed, patience. YOUR CHINOOK WILL COME!!