PDA

View Full Version : New dream last night and it's kinda funny.

Keith Newell
Sep-29-2007, 9:49pm
I had a dream last night that made me wake up very early and not get back to sleep.
I dreamed that David grisman was performing at a big stadiam across the street and when he came out on stage he looked a bit like Bill Monroe but slightly longer hair. He played a set then while on camera looked across the street and saw my shop door rolled up and could see inside. He asked on camera if I played instruments and I said "Yes, but also build mandolins".
He then said " I would like to hear one" and I thought he meant he wanted to play one and I said "I will tune one up". All this time it was a big venue and on national TV. He said "No, I want to hear you play one" and the crowd went nuts. I couldn't think of a single tune to play and I woke up...I spent the next hour (5am to 6am) thinking what tune I would play in that situation and found it rather funny why or why-not I would play one. I then got up at 6:15 AM my Saturday and and brewed some coffe and thought I am a very troubled soul. So I lost sleep because I build/play/respect both Bill and David/and am insecure!.
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif Keith

Steve Cantrell
Sep-29-2007, 9:54pm
I dreamed that my wife bought an acoustic bass guitar, and was really tearing the strings off the thing, just going to town. I was very irritated in the dream for some reason--not sure why her bass playing made me mad, but it did. We both had a good laugh about it the next morning. I think we're both insecure.

Bob A
Sep-30-2007, 12:01am
Been a while since I had one of those dreams where you find yourself on stage in your underwear. So I don't wake up screaming much anymore, but I'm insecure anyway. But I've got my subconscious fooled, seems like.