PDA

View Full Version : Kimble, cohen, duff

David O'Brien
Sep-29-2007, 12:57pm
2004 Duff, 2004 Cohen C#, 2002 Kimble.

Ken Sager
Sep-29-2007, 1:01pm
Nice. If you ever need a sitter for one of these I'd like to be first on your list. Terrific collection.
Best,
Ken

David O'Brien
Sep-29-2007, 1:12pm
Thanks Ken for the kind words. I took the liberty to follow your hyperlink and am now listening to "Good Night". Is that wonderful or what?! Did you pen that tune? Play all the instruments, wow. Could you tell me a little about how you got such a clean recording. Was that done in a professional studio or in an at home type studio? Very nice, man.

David O'Brien
Sep-29-2007, 1:22pm
and the backs.. .

bluesmandolinman
Sep-29-2007, 2:32pm
nice backs but I am surprised to see where you placed the strap button at the Kimble

Will Kimble
Sep-29-2007, 3:51pm
I am pretty sure I put the strap button on that mandolin. #I had a Rigel with a strap button in the same spot, and I really liked how it worked with a strap. #

Will Kimble

Antlurz
Sep-29-2007, 9:16pm
Very unique and interesting back on that one, Will!

Did the big dark areas develop naturally?.. IE: like the stripes do during staining, or did you do something different to develop them?

Ron

Ken Sager
Sep-30-2007, 1:06am
I'll PM the details of my recording so I don't hijack your thread. Your mandolins really are lovely to look at. I bet they sound ok, too.
Best,
Ken

jasona
Sep-30-2007, 9:54am
Yes, sound clips would me most informative! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

David O'Brien
Sep-30-2007, 1:53pm
okay, I'll look in to providing sound clips. #How exactly do you post sound clips, is #there a thread discussing the method? #Where are they "stored" so to speak, in cyberspace or on my hard drive?

Ken Sager
Sep-30-2007, 7:25pm
okay, I'll look in to providing sound clips. #How exactly do you post sound clips, is #there a thread discussing the method? #Where are they "stored" so to speak, in cyberspace or on my hard drive?
Cyberspace. You'll need to be able to post them somewhere online and provide a link.

I got so many PMs about my recording process that I thought I'd post a few more details in a new equipment thread. Look for it in a few days... I'm in Nashville at IBMA and have a few things I expect will keep me pretty busy.

More soon,
Ken