PDA

View Full Version : Gig, again

Brad Weiss
Sep-28-2007, 9:21pm
A humble notification that yours truly will be playing some music with my buddy Arthur Knight at the Carrboro Music Festival this coming Sunday (in, um, Carrboro!) #We are billed as "Two Many Mandolins", though we're down a mandolinist, so we're just the duet. We'll be playing some choro and bossa nova, even be bop (so I'm posting here!) Our venue is the nifty coffeehouse, the Open Eye Cafe, and we're scheduled to play from 1-1:45. #If you're local, and you'd care to come hear, your support will be tremendously appreciated. On the other hand, if you can refrain from coming to see us, with the hope of sparing us the public humiliation of our performance, we'd appreciate that too!!

It's always nice to show some enthusiasm for local musicians, so here's a chance for those of us in Chapel Hill-Durham-Carrboro-Cary-Raleigh-Pittsboro, etc.. # The festival usually has somethin' for everyone.

AlanN
Sep-30-2007, 3:00pm
On a lovely Sunday, amidst a downtown full of eclectic musical acts, I caught Brad and his guitarist. Good selection of American standards, Brazilian choros and other stuff. Your Phoenix really cut through the din, so much so that I first thought it was plugged in. Nice playing.

Brad Weiss
Sep-30-2007, 4:36pm
Too kind, Alan. The turn out was nice, and the day was -is - indeed, lovely.
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Jonathan James
Sep-30-2007, 7:29pm
Sorry I missed it Brad; saw the note too late. Indeed, a gorgeous day for a town-wide, free music festival...

alanh
Oct-01-2007, 11:19am
I'm also sorry I missed it, but I heard from people who were there that it was terrific. You guys sound much better since you got rid of that other mandolinist.

Brad Weiss
Oct-01-2007, 6:21pm
I'm also sorry I missed it, but I heard from people who were there that it was terrific. #You guys sound much better since you got rid of that other mandolinist.
Actually, the crowd was BEGGING us for that other guy to play. People stood up and walked out when we announced our regrets at his absence. #"Two many mandolins! Ha!" #Fortunately, I played enough extra notes to SOUND like I was making up for the loss, but it just wasn't the same. #Still, we did get an extra t-shirt in the deal.

http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif