PDA

View Full Version : M. k. legacy o in walnut

sockmonkey
Sep-17-2007, 9:15pm
HI,

Just got an M.K. Legacy O mandolin in Walnut... Been saving for awhile and finally put enough money together... I called Dennis (www.themandolinstore.com) after seeing the Legacy O on his web site and asked him about the color... When I opened the box, I knew I had made the right choice... I changed out the strings and put D'Addario J62's on... I was hoping for a nice piece of Flamed maple on the back, and I got it... Shipping was fast and Dennis was up front and professional... Find below some pic's I took today.

sockmonkey
Sep-17-2007, 9:16pm
Pic. 1

Loren Bailey
Sep-17-2007, 9:18pm
Congrats on your new Axe. I don't think you can go wrong when dealing with Dennis at The Mandolin Store. He's a great guy with exceptional customer service and outstanding business ethics.

Loren

sockmonkey
Sep-17-2007, 9:18pm
Pic. 2

sockmonkey
Sep-17-2007, 9:19pm
Pic. 3

sockmonkey
Sep-17-2007, 9:21pm
Pic. 4

Keith Erickson
Sep-17-2007, 9:38pm
Very impressive indeed http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Antlurz
Sep-17-2007, 10:22pm
Neat!

Whuzzat tailpiece?

Ron

John Flynn
Sep-17-2007, 11:27pm
That's MK's current standard tailpiece, I believe.

sockmonkey
Sep-18-2007, 2:33am
from the MK web site:

Punchier tone and great looks!

The vast majority of Michael Kelly mandolins are now equipped with our beautifully designed one-piece tailpiece that provides increased tone, ringing sustain and volume. Have an older model Michael Kelly and would like to upgrade it with our new tail-piece? Contact a Michael Kelly dealer near you for details.

sockmonkey
Sep-18-2007, 12:38pm
Thanks to everyone who checked out my new mando... My fingers are sore from playing so much... One last thought, O hole vs F hole... I wasn't sure about the O Hole... But after playing the MK a day or so... It's a rich and full sound... Much different from my Rover RM-75... I like it.

Peace... Carl