PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye friends

Sep-10-2007, 5:20pm
I prefer conversation and the amelioration of differences through intelligent dialogue, as opposed to blatant censorship.

This is NOT the Soviet Union.

I sincerely wish you all the best.

Cheers, John.

mrmando
Sep-10-2007, 5:25pm
Dos vidanya!

Are you seriously trying to call the locked thread "intelligent dialogue"?

When there's no appreciable mandolin content, threads get locked or deleted. It'll probably happen to this thread too.

Kevin Briggs
Sep-10-2007, 5:29pm
In the spirit of your post, then, I feel free to say that I think I know what you are trying to communicate, and I disagree.

This is a wonderful place of high moral integrity and a clearly shared enthusiasm for mando stuff, and that's why I like posting here. I wouldn't do so if it was anything different. It adheres to my ethics.

Sep-10-2007, 5:29pm
Dos vidanya!

Are you seriously trying to call the locked thread "intelligent dialogue"?

When there's no appreciable mandolin content, threads get locked or deleted. It'll probably happen to this thread too.
No doubt, but the mods could have at least heard us out.

I moderate a forum myself, and I understand the psychological need for an "off topic" discusssion space.

Sometimes people just need to talk and not "shop talk."

Jim Broyles
Sep-10-2007, 5:33pm
I prefer conversation and the amelioration of differences through intelligent dialogue, as opposed to blatant censorship.

This is NOT the Soviet Union.

I sincerely wish you all the best.

Cheers, John.
Nor is it a democracy. It is a benevolent dictatorship in which no 1st amendment rights exist and the site owner can set any rules he pleases and delete and/or lock any post/thread he chooses to. If you don't want to adhere and conform, you are welcome, as is anyone else, to not log in.

********Mandolin*********

http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif

Caleb
Sep-10-2007, 5:41pm
the Mandolin Cafe is the coolest board on the net. Stick around.

http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Scott Tichenor
Sep-10-2007, 5:46pm
I'm not here to host virtual lynch mobs that question the way this board is run, particularly when I'm paying the bill and keeping it running. If this is unacceptable, please LEAVE. There are lots of places to play on the web and I don't like unhappy users. If you have a legitimate question, ask it privately, and sign your name please. People are quite brave when they think they're anonymous.