PDA

View Full Version : Paris swing nuages mandolin

Treetopper
Sep-09-2007, 6:39pm
I picked up a new Paris Swing Nuages Oval Hole mandolin last Friday and am offering this review. I own several other mandolins in this price range ($800) list and I was impressed with the fit and finish of this mando. I took it home and took the strings off and replaced them with J74's and a Brekke bridge. This mandolin is LOUD. I tune it E-B-F#-C# because it is easier for a 69 year old to play. All in all I would recommend this as a great intermediate instrument. The only thing that I don't understand is the lack of the use of serial numbers on their instruments. There is a label inside the oval, but it contains no information (No model number or serial number).

jim simpson
Sep-09-2007, 9:32pm
Thanks for the review - now we want pictures.

Eric Pinson
Sep-14-2007, 3:21pm
Treetopper:

Thank you for this post, I was thinking about getting one of these just to have some fun with and they look unique. What color do you have and you say it is loud, is it loud uniformly across the highs and lows? Does it give out a sweet high sing? Congratulations on the new addition.

Thank you,

Eric

Treetopper
Sep-17-2007, 4:47pm
Eric, here is a picture of the mandolin. #It is loud across the board. #I have lowered the action to about 2 mil at the 12th fret and it plays great. The only thing that I would change on it. I would put a radiused fingerboard to make playing even easier.