PDA

View Full Version : Breedlove tenor

John Hill
Sep-07-2007, 1:16pm
I just ran across this at Fiddler's Green: a Breedlove tenor guitar (http://www.fiddlersgreenmusicshop.com/breedloveguitars.html)

Very cool.

MLT
Sep-07-2007, 1:49pm
Oh Yea. #I have had my eye on these since early July. #I actually got to see one when I went to the Breedlove Shop for a tour. #They are tuned GDAE just like a Mandolin and sound superb!

I also spoke with Joe Craven about these (I believe that he worked with Breedlove on the development) and my understanding from him is that Breedlove really took great care in the details to ensure that they got it right.

I had been toying with the idea of buying one...But I think that it may have to wait as my MAS has re-surfaced and I am working with a luthier to have a custom mandolin built.

steve V. johnson
Sep-07-2007, 9:41pm
When I saw the subject line, I hoped that they'd used one of their contemporary, distinctive designs and applied tenor tech. Nope. Alas...

Still, very nice!

Thanks!

stv

Fuzzyway
Sep-08-2007, 1:05am
Had a chance to play Tim May's Breedlove tenor after his guitar clinic last night at Cartwrights music. Very nice sound and of course playability. Both Ken C. and I are lusting for one of these now.

Best, Fuzzy

first string
Sep-10-2007, 11:21am
I'd be very interested to play one of these. The scale length is an interesting choice, as is the slotted peghead. Hopefully a shop near me will get one in (though I tend to doubt it). One way or the other, I'm glad that a modern manufacturer is taking an interest in the tenor.

Bob DeVellis
Sep-10-2007, 4:01pm
The scale length is an interesting choice

What is the scale length? Didn't see it at the link.

mandolooter
Sep-10-2007, 4:07pm
24 1/16 inches

Greg Ashton
Sep-10-2007, 4:11pm
The Elderly site says,"1-7/16" Tusq nut, 24-1/16" scale length, 14-fret Honduran mahogany neck with ebony fingerboard." From the pictures, I would say it's 13 frets to the body. Seems like they've put a 13 fret neck on what would normally be a 14 fretter with a 25 inch scale.

Boy, I'd be seriously considering one of these if I didn't already have a custom cittern on order.

mandolooter
Sep-10-2007, 4:12pm
tenor guitar by breedlove (http://www.breedloveguitars.com/instruments/guitars/revival/tenor/index.php)

try here

14 frets to body it appears to me

Greg Ashton
Sep-10-2007, 4:17pm
That's odd. As I see it, there are two dots at the twelfth fret and then one extra fret where the neck joins the body.

MDW
Sep-10-2007, 4:48pm
I've played the one at Fiddler's Green and listened from across the room while someone (much more accomplished than I am) played it. It's got good tone and volume and excellent playability. The owner of the shop, Clay, is a very nice guy who deserves the business if you're in the market for one.