frankenstein
Sep-06-2007, 1:55am
nice sumi sf-5 i got from japan..
back..
headstock. #it's a great instrument..
sf-4 .. sorry !!

Michael Gowell
Sep-06-2007, 3:21pm
Pete - Congratulations! #Sumi-san's work is wonderful and the sound of his instruments very fine.

Steve Cantrell
Sep-06-2007, 5:35pm
I'd really love to hear one of these Sumis. They look great.

fstylemb1
Sep-11-2007, 4:00pm
Nice mandolin! Sumi san makes a great mandolin, I'm a very proud owner of 2. F5 Deluxe and a Sumi-Dawg.

frankenstein
Sep-11-2007, 9:25pm
Nice mandolin! Sumi san makes a great mandolin, I'm a very proud owner of 2. F5 Deluxe and a Sumi-Dawg.
mike, yeah i like 'em.. pretty hard to beat 300 year old woods... i'd like to get a 3 point like this..

frankenstein
Sep-11-2007, 9:28pm
mike, yeah i like 'em.. pretty hard to beat 300 year old woods... i'd like to get a 3 point like this..
heres another..

frankenstein
Sep-11-2007, 9:31pm
heres another..
and another.. these two f-4's were made by sumi..

frankenstein
Sep-11-2007, 9:33pm
heres another..
and another.. these two f-4's were made by sumi..
oops!!..

Michael Gowell
Sep-12-2007, 4:06pm
I've got one of his 3-point F-5s and can't find it's limits. #From delicate single string work to "whippin' her like a rented mule" my mando has capabilities that challenge me all the time. #Plus I love the 3-point shape - I have a 1909 F-2 too - and enjoy the modern luthiers' take on that design.

His craftsmanship is extraordinary. #Carving, binding and finish are flawless. Perhaps what might be expected from an experienced Japanese luithier who worked with John Monteleone and the Dawg developing Grisman's signature model for Kentucky 30 years ago and has been refining his work ever since.

frankenstein
Sep-13-2007, 12:37am
I've got one of his 3-point F-5s and can't find it's limits. #From delicate single string work to "whippin' her like a rented mule" my mando has capabilities that challenge me all the time. #Plus I love the 3-point shape - I have a 1909 F-2 too - and enjoy the modern luthiers' take on that design.

His craftsmanship is extraordinary. #Carving, binding and finish are flawless. Perhaps what might be expected from an experienced Japanese luithier who worked with John Monteleone and the Dawg developing Grisman's signature model for Kentucky 30 years ago and has been refining his work ever since.
maine michael, i also have a mike blohm 3 point which is new but sounds great. it's on the forum if yud like to check it out. i'm gonna have to order a sumi 3 point pretty soon.. thanks for your thoughts.. pete..

fstylemb1
Sep-14-2007, 4:36pm
hey pickin pete,
Scott and Sumi will be coming to Louisville for their regular visit before IBMA. Sumi should have a 3point and a couple of other mandos in tow. All you Sumi owners, whther Sumi, KY, etc., e-mail me pics so I can put them on the MYSPACE page I created for him. It's good to know that there are a lot of us proud Sumi owners! Will you all be attending IBMA? I'll be there with both of my Sumi mandos! Can't wait to check out the ones he's bringing over.

frankenstein
Sep-15-2007, 3:53am
hey pickin pete,
Scott and Sumi will be coming to Louisville for their regular visit before IBMA. Sumi should have a 3point and a couple of other mandos in tow. All you Sumi owners, whther Sumi, KY, etc., e-mail me pics so I can put them on the MYSPACE page I created for him. It's good to know that there are a lot of us proud Sumi owners! Will you all be attending IBMA? I'll be there with both of my Sumi mandos! Can't wait to check out the ones he's bringing over.
i'd love to but i live in australia.. if you can get a good price for a 3 point let me know. most people over here think a mandolin is a cooking utensil..