PDA

View Full Version : 2007 hardly strictly bg festival line-up is posted

Jim MacDaniel
Aug-29-2007, 12:27am
It's that time of year again, and the line-up once again is quite impressive, as well as eclectic: festival web site (http://www.strictlybluegrass.com/).

mandolooter
Aug-29-2007, 9:38am
another booty kickin lineup as usual!

Michael H Geimer
Aug-29-2007, 10:02am
Last year I got this hair-brained idea to grab a campsite in the GGNC Presidio, but the folks who run the campground goofed up. I got a call from the ranger explainging to me that they'd overbooked by mistake and another group had moved into our site.

When we arrived on the scene, sure enough the entire campground had been overrun ... with Bluegrass pickers from Telluride, CO! They even had their event professional catered, and they gladly welcomed us into the fold.

It was nice to finally camp and jam around a campfire at HSB. Good News/Bad News: The GGNC is completely rebuilding the campgroup this year, so it's just a pile of rubble right now.

See you there!

Brian Ray
Aug-29-2007, 10:47am
I dig Curly Seckler... and with Grisman, that should be quite lovely.

David Horovitz
Aug-29-2007, 12:51pm
I've got to try to and make it this year.

Benignus, perhaps we can meet up again. It's been a long time . . .

Michael H Geimer
Aug-29-2007, 1:01pm
Yeah. Let's try for that.

Wife and I are thinking to enjoy the shows, but also hang out in the periphery, a little away from the stages, and play some tunes. It's not known for jamming, but some amount of it simply has to happen.

Here's my Gotta See list (I'll need good luck to catch them all):

Charlie Louvin
Gillian Welch
Laurie Lewis & the Right Hands
Richard Brandenburg & Julay Brooks
Doc Watson with David Holt & Richard Watson
The Del McCoury Band
Hot Buttered Rum
David Grisman Bluegrass Experience
Railroad Earth
Jim Lauderdale
Belle Monroe & Her Brewglass Boys

testore
Aug-29-2007, 2:53pm
I'll be there. A great line up as always.