PDA

View Full Version : Asheville sept, 9 jack of the wood

Narayan Kersak
Aug-26-2007, 7:49am
Anyone able to make it to the Jack of the Wood on Sept. 9th for the Irish session? I'll be passing through town and stopping in for a bit. Last time I was there I was overwhelmed by 4 fiddlers. (There was also a bag piper, octave mando, guitar and whistle, but it was hard to cut through the four fiddlers. Any CoMando help would be appreciated!

mandolin123
Aug-28-2007, 6:04pm
I'm probably going to Asheville this weekend. I've never been to Jacks. I may dorp in there and take a look see.

mandolin123
Aug-28-2007, 6:05pm
I will be in town this weekend. I've never been to the "wood". I hope to drop by and see what it is like.

PaulD
Aug-28-2007, 6:27pm
My wife and I popped into Jack of the Wood last May when we were in NC for a great burger and some hot picking. Great fun... I hope to make it back sometime! In fact, from there we drove up the Blue Ridge Parkway for a couple days and landed in Floyd for some Friday night jamming. What a beautiful part of the country... I wish we'd had another week or two!

pd

evanreilly
Aug-28-2007, 9:23pm
Thursday nite is the bluegrass jam @ Jack's. Starts about 10-ish.
This weekend, Saturday night, is the last weekend for the Shindig on the Green (http://www.folkheritage.org/map.htm) in downtown Asheville.

Narayan Kersak
Aug-29-2007, 6:45pm
Has my thread been hijacked???