PDA

View Full Version : Mandolin gallery

bgjunkie
Aug-24-2007, 1:07pm
I am wanting to frame some nice pictures of mandolins and was wondering if anyone would be willing to share some photos of theirs. #I want to print atleast 8x10, so high resolution would be best.

This is just for personal use at home. #I have been wanting to make my music room look more complete and thought what better way than to display the best instrument there is.

I can receive fairly large files in my email, or I can send FTP information if needed.

blawson
Aug-24-2007, 1:22pm
Scott's daughter's "Starry Mandolin" in poster form (Cafe store) and the watercolor available from the Cafe's wallpaper link both look nice framed in my office. (I trust I haven't violated a copyright by printing the watercolor wallpaper for my personal use only.)

fwoompf
Aug-24-2007, 1:35pm
You might want to contact Ben Wilcox of BRW -- the pictures he's posted on this site are pretty high resolution. Also the mandolins are gorgeous.

bradeinhorn
Aug-24-2007, 1:44pm
some of those framed sullivan posters may still be available. they are gorgeous.

JEStanek
Aug-25-2007, 12:55pm
I have a set of the Gypsy Sullivan prints. I've not yet had them framed but they are very high quality and very tasteful. I' recommend them.

Another option is to take an image from the mandolin archive, paste it into a new photoshop (or similar software) document set to 300 DPI. Those should print out at 8x10 pretty well.

Jamie
Jamie

stevenmando
Aug-25-2007, 2:45pm
Hi I have a print that I had made it is of bowlbacks and it is a print from a add in an old sears catalog in the 1902 I used parts to create something new I use it in my music room your welcome to a copy if you would like. Steven

delsbrother
Aug-25-2007, 11:10pm
I like old patent drawings.

bgjunkie
Aug-27-2007, 8:52am
Thanks for the idea. I found some patent drawings for a bridge, tailpiece and mandolin body that I liked. I also found a patent drawing for a mandolin pick that was cool. I think I might mix those in with some close up shots of scrolls, headstocks and tailpieces.