PDA

View Full Version : Lost my  mom..

Kbone
Aug-21-2007, 10:51am
I lost my mom to a car accident about two weeks ago, she was quite a gal - a famous childhood dancer in Trinindad ( where my dad met/married her when he was stationed there during WWII)she even did a few off bdwy plays before she got pregnant with my sister.
She retired to AZ ( wht mts) where she was active in her church and donated much time to helping in the ' Soup Kitchen ' feeding the poor etc. she was quite a gal :
thanks for the rant.

Rick Cadger
Aug-21-2007, 10:54am
condolences, Keith. sounds like an interesting lady.

it's a shame the good people can't stay longer.

Celtic-Grass
Aug-21-2007, 10:54am
My condolences. I lost my mother 3 years ago. Just remember the wonderful things about her and she will always live in your heart.
peace to you.

Doug Edwards
Aug-21-2007, 10:55am
I can relate, I lost my Mom last December. I had several months to prepare, as she was ill. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you and your family to lose such a loved one unexpectantly.

My prayers are with you.

Tim2723
Aug-21-2007, 10:55am
My sincere condolences to you and your family.

JHo
Aug-21-2007, 11:31am
My condolences as well. It's never an easy thing to deal with, expected or not, young or old, etc. My mom passed away when I was nine, and then my grandparents who raised me thereafter both passed away when I was nineteen.

It always makes me smile just to think back on what great people they were, which I've realized more and more as the years have passed. I am thankful I had the time that I did with them.

Those experiences really taught me to live for today, because you never know what tomorrow will bring, good or bad.

allenhopkins
Aug-21-2007, 11:34am
Had my own mother's memorial service ten days ago. She lived 88 years, a full life I guess, but one can always hope for more. We become the "older generation" now...

Michael H Geimer
Aug-21-2007, 11:42am
It's never an easy thing to deal with, expected or not, young or old, etc.

I lost my Mom when I was 14. At that age it seems unfair and far too soon. I've now lived on without her longer than I ever knew her in life. I've learned from being near other who have lost their close relatives that losing one's Mother is unfair and too soon for anyone, at any age.

My condolences as well.

mandopete
Aug-21-2007, 11:47am
Hey Keith,

I'll pass along my condolences as well and 2nd what Benig says above. I lost my mom to cancer back in 1980. She never got to see her grandchildren or hear my bluegrass music. That's a huge bummer.

Hang in there and things will get better!

Pete

Eric F.
Aug-21-2007, 11:47am
I've learned from being near other who have lost their close relatives that losing one's Mother is unfair and too soon for anyone, at any age.

Amen to that.

My condolences to you, Keith.

Keith Erickson
Aug-21-2007, 12:05pm
Keith,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I wouldn't even know where to begin to say something comforting to you and your family.

We'll be thinking of you...

Mike Bunting
Aug-21-2007, 2:13pm
Let me add my condolences, your mom sounds like a very special person. Peace.

the_guitar_guru
Aug-21-2007, 2:16pm
I am sorry for your loss. Our thoughts are with you.

Zako
Aug-21-2007, 2:20pm
I have to agree with Keith...I don't know what to say. #Just know that people care.

mandolooter
Aug-21-2007, 2:40pm
peace to ya my friend!

8ch(pl)
Aug-21-2007, 2:41pm
It's not a rant brother. There will never be another to replace our moms. Sshe will be waaiting at the station when your train reaches Paradise.

lawdawg
Aug-21-2007, 2:58pm
Been there brother - almost 20 years now - she was 41. As for mando content - I love mandolin - she loved Neil Diamond - go figure? My prayers are with you and all here.

LML

Lane Pryce
Aug-21-2007, 3:06pm
Keith, our deepest sympathies for you and your family. Lp

MandoSquirrel
Aug-21-2007, 10:07pm
Sorry for your loss.

Kbone
Aug-22-2007, 8:34am
Thanks for all the good wishes, it really helps with the grieving process.

Hans
Aug-22-2007, 8:40am
I'm very sorry to hear that Keith. My condolences. She has gone to a better place.

SternART
Aug-22-2007, 8:53am
Shalom Alechem, Keith Madison's mother......May Peace be Upon You.

David Newton
Aug-22-2007, 4:03pm
Keith, lets remember our Moms and how great it was to have a good one. I miss my Mom every day, and so will you, there's no getting around that. Let the tears flow, she's worth every one.
Dave.

tjg
Aug-22-2007, 4:57pm
Keith,

My condolences, may she rest in peace.

stevenmando
Aug-22-2007, 5:41pm
My condolenses I lost my mom when I was 20 that was 37 years ago and I still miss her but when I close my eyes I can still see her face and feel her presence she will always be with you no matter how old you get and all the love and beauty that she instilled in you will flow to the next generation through you. Steven

Kevin Briggs
Aug-22-2007, 5:54pm
Very sorry to hear it. Hang in there. The world awaits our every step.

Kevin S
Aug-22-2007, 8:13pm
"Home is where the heart is they tell me
Many, many try to travel that lonesome road
They'll never find a pal as true as mother
They'll never find a place as sweet as home"

Deepest Sympathy

Gene Bragg
Aug-22-2007, 8:26pm
I lost both my mother and my mother-in-law within 6mo. of each other about 3yrs ago and father-in-law the next year. My hardest was my m-i-l cause she was so wonderful to me since the day I met her. It's hard so hard to loose someone so close to you the you will cry when you think of them and laugh at the fun times you remember. Keep her in your heart always and cry(as I am now) and laugh when you have to.Talk to her when you need to as you needed her in life.Good Luck and God be with you and her.

Bill James
Aug-23-2007, 10:18am
Sorry to hear this Keith, best to you and your family.

Bill

Mattg
Aug-27-2007, 8:42am
I think I'll call my mom now.

bikebum
Aug-27-2007, 9:11am
My heart goes out to you and yours Keith. My mother (age 88) broke her hip a few months ago and had the ball replaced on the femur. Dementia is starting to show and advancing rapidly since that happened. A guarded thought is that she will have about six months to a year.

Jerry

JEStanek
Aug-27-2007, 9:49am
Keith, I'm thinking about you and sorry for your loss.

Jamie

ShaneJ
Aug-27-2007, 9:38pm
Kieth, my prayers are with you and your family. It sounds like you and a lot of other folks have been blessed by your mom.

Shane

jim_n_virginia
Aug-28-2007, 6:22am
Keith please accept my condolences and prayers.

My Mom is fighting colon cancer that she has had cut out and it reappeared and had to go through chemo again.

I took her to the grocery store yesterday to buy bananas ... it takes on a whole new meaning to me now.

Kbone
Aug-28-2007, 9:23am
Thanks again for the many great replies, you're a great bunch - a funny story I told at my mom's funeral in reference to her feisty strong nature. It was back in the early 70's in my HS yrs, anyway my mom found a pot plant ( hidden between some trees)that I was growing in a tuna can, and I began telling her it was a science project, well, she wasn't buying it,and when I saw the fire it her eyes I bolted to the back yard and was trying to climb over the six foot brick ( s - Cal style) wall
and was having a hard time getting over it, so my beloved mother turned on the hose and started blasting me. LOL - she was a honey...

mandolinplayer
Aug-29-2007, 6:16pm
Keith - I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. I'm glad that you're reaching out to others for support. I remember that when my mom died (20 yrs. ago) I was surprised to feel a bit like an orphan, even though I was an adult, and my father was (is) still alive. For so many of us, our moms connect us with so many other people in our lives. My mom loved music & loved to sing - I only wish that she had been here to hear my band, Misty Mamas (yep, four moms who love bluegrass!) and I can even imagine her going to bluegrass jams. I hope that in time, you happiest memories of your mom will be a comfort to you. Blessings to you and your family - April

mando bandage
Aug-29-2007, 8:09pm
Thoughts and prayers Keith. Keep looking for special ways to honor her memory so that others may know her as well.

I lost my mother to cancer early in life. She was a music teacher and an indiscriminate musician, from classical to sacred to folk. Today, at their own initiative, my wife and 13 yoa son played their bagpipes at her grave to celebrate the first day of school. I'm so lucky to have a wife and son who understand a woman they never met.

Every good hope that you and yours keep your mother's memory very much alive. With your "rant" and your sharing with us, you're well on your way.

R