PDA

View Full Version : A brace of webers

Ivan Kelsall
Aug-19-2007, 1:24pm
Seem the instructions on how to add a picture to my post didn't work for me .

hendrix2
Aug-19-2007, 1:40pm
first you have to upload your photo on the internet.
you can do that on sites like:
www.photobucket.com
or
imageshack (don't know the exact adres)

Then when it's uploaded you can find a link to your own photo. In photobucket this link is right under the photo.
You copy that link (ctrl+C)
the link will be something like this:
http://photobucket.com/hendrix2/photomandolin.jpg

than you click the "image" button and past your link in that area.

That should work normally

Bill Snyder
Aug-19-2007, 1:47pm
The problem with doing it the way Kenneth says it that when you no longer have that album available the pictures are no longer available for viewing even though the thread still exists. Another is that many of us can not see them if we are on a network that blocks images from photobucket, imageshack, etc.
If you upload them from your computer to the Mandolin Cafe they will be available for viewing so long as the thread exists - even if it is four, five or however many years from now.
To post them from your computer to the cafe you have to use the ADD REPLY button and not the IMAGE button. You then use the browse button and locate them on your computer. There is a maximum file size of a bit over 150k doing it this way.

hendrix2
Aug-19-2007, 3:08pm
Thx for explaining Bill.
I didn't know that we actually could upload them directly at the mandolincafe website in a thread.
I'm used to the 'photobucket-thing' from other forums http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

markishandsome
Aug-19-2007, 4:25pm
Seem the instructions on how to add a picture to my post didn't work for me .

Can you be more specific? There are several official and unofficial sets of directions floating around. Was the file size too large? I think that's the most common problem and also the easiest to solve.

Ivan Kelsall
Aug-20-2007, 4:57am
I tried to upload the photo by following the instructions that Scott posted in the Miscellaneous section. When i tried it,the ''Add Reply'' box wasn't there. I then opened up a 'new topic' ie 'A Brace of Webers' & tried the 'Browse' option,that didn't work. It might not have worked anyway as my photo is way above the acceptable limit of 150k at 870k.
# I used the method outlined by Bill above. Maybe i just got the methodology back to front,
# # # Saska