12 fret
Aug-18-2007, 2:25pm
Stop where you are..... Move away from the keyboard

Knot-Head
Aug-18-2007, 2:28pm
I will Knot. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Jim Broyles
Aug-18-2007, 2:36pm
Uh, Gibson did not send the once great company called Flatiron to China. They purchased that company and moved its operation to Nashville, Tennessee. Recently, they made the corporate decision to cease the production of Flatiron mandolins in Nashville and to use the trademark name "Flatiron," which they own and can do with as they please, on a line of imported mandolins. If you don't like that decision, you are free to express your displeasure in the form of boycotting Gibson products. The decision, however, in no way diminishes the value nor the sound qualities (which is likely a factor in your owning a Nashville Flatiron) of the mandolin which you say you no longer own. You are also free to divest yourself of any and all things Gibson if that is your desire. Other than that, welcome to the Cafe. Incidentally, I have no financial interest whatsoever in Gibson, and the only things I own which are named Gibson are a bottle of guitar polish and three sets of Bill Monroe signature mandolin strings. I do not like the feel of Gibson acoustic guitars, I prefer the sound of single-coil pickups to humbuckers, so I play strats and teles, and my mandolin is a Fullerton.

Scott Tichenor
Aug-18-2007, 4:32pm
Because someone does not like the business practices of a company doesn't make it acceptable to start a flame thread that is in clear violation of board posting guidelines.