PDA

View Full Version : Woodsongs Old Time Radio Hour

levin4now
Feb-03-2004, 3:22am
I like to watch the occasional show off the Woodsongs Old Time Radio Hour but find that i cannot fast forward or rewind (so to speak) thru shows even if it has completely downloaded. Anyone else able to comment on this? (Also, I am getting a network error less than a third into the Sam Bush show - and I've watched the whole thing before.)

Maybe this can't be done via streaming.

If it were possible, would it be legal to save copies of it to the hard drive for enjoyment at a later time?

Thanks.

Alan

G'DAE
Feb-03-2004, 3:34am
I have found that by right clicking, save target as, will load quickly & ff & rwd work.

levin4now
Feb-03-2004, 4:33am
gdae,

thanks. i have a few saved and two of them do that fine. One of the 3 i have saved will not allow ff or RWing. A big deal if you miss something, or want to watch something again.

adm

John Flynn
Feb-03-2004, 5:54am
I like the FF to cut out Michael Johnathon's annoying chatter and get to the music.

Christine W
Feb-03-2004, 6:24am
jflynnstl
Mando Johnny,
Do I ever agree with you there. I was thinking if he could he probably would program it so you couldn't fast forward through his stuff.

mandokid
Feb-03-2004, 6:57am
I like what Mike adds to the show. Im sure there are others who agreee with me.

JimF9
Feb-03-2004, 7:16am
I agree, being able to fast forward Michael Johnathon's blah blah blah and requisite song would be great.

Jim

Guitdolin
Feb-03-2004, 10:55am
I like the FF to cut out Michael Johnathon's annoying chatter and get to the music.
I've got several saved, and I can move the slider on WinAmp to the spot where Michael's "singing" ends to get to the real musical talent portion of the shows.

To his credit, Michael has a great show (once you get past his really bad songs and singing). His talent is definitely in producing a great show. Wish I'd have thought of that!

G'DAE
Feb-04-2004, 9:50pm
Levin; I downloaded Chris with Brian Sutton. Wouldn't ff. or rwd. So I deleted it and tried it again and it worked?http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif
Might be worth the effort!

Crowder
Feb-04-2004, 10:24pm
No kidding. Great show, but his folksinger treehugger thing wears thin really fast.

mandoJeremy
Feb-04-2004, 11:12pm
Very much so! Just let the real musicians play and stop with the "I am on the same stage as you and I am singing, are you impressed?" attitude. We like the show, just not the show producer! Get on with the music please!

mandomood
Feb-05-2004, 12:18am
in my opinion, it's a bit disrespectful to not do your 'homework' and know enough about your guests and their music...

there are so many really 'fuddled up and crooked' things that come out of his mouth that it is really distracting. I'm also not sure it is the right place to ask some of the questions he asks...you would think there could be more thought put into what he says...

but...there would be lots of stuff not documented if not for the show...

levin4now
Feb-05-2004, 9:49am
i think i will try a re-download - some i can ff but others not. and i keep getting an error watching the sam bush one!

l4n