PDA

View Full Version : ghs bazouki strings

jeffshuniak
May-24-2004, 8:16am
a music shop by my house somehow has several sets of these and they want to unload them on me... the guy said he would go $1.50 a set if I bought them all, dozen sets.....so are these suitable for greek bazouki....

also my neck has a slight backbow, dino says this is a particular method ,,,, allowing the neck to bow inward naturally from the string tension, end product is a properly bowed neck....

sound legit?

Jim Garber
May-24-2004, 10:08am
Jeff,
You can find the gauges http://www.juststrings.com/ghs-bz-8.html. Sounds like a good deal. juststrings.com has them for $4.30/set.

I have heard the backbow as a way of compensating for string tension before.

Jim

PCypert
May-24-2004, 10:38am
I'll buy a couple of of you if you want to help offset your costs.
Paul

jeffshuniak
May-24-2004, 10:48am
sorry man, I change strings like socks.:p hot , humid florida

Luthier
May-24-2004, 11:43am
If you find you still have a back bow after you have placed the strings on and taken them to proper pitch and tension, let me know and I can help you correct this. #Too much back bow will cause buzzing on the first frets. #It may be necessary to loosen the truss rod a little.

Don

jeffshuniak
May-24-2004, 12:17pm
dino added a shim under the bridge, just a piece of thin wood slid under it... he said in a month or so the neck should bow in and I can remove the shim... he seemed optomistic that florida weather would accelerate the process.....
bazoukis, or least these , dont have truss rods, but rather strips of hardwoods that run thru the middle of the neck.. he said some famous bazouki maker employed this method , and it is good.... there is a little fret buzz on my first few frets, but it doesnt really stand out considering the tone of the bazouki, which by the way , is awesome... this thing screams...