PDA

View Full Version : New silverangel distressed

kyken
Aug-05-2007, 5:10pm
Here's the latest distressed model from my shop. Top.

kyken
Aug-05-2007, 5:11pm
that was obviously the back..Top...

kyken
Aug-05-2007, 5:12pm
another....

kyken
Aug-05-2007, 5:13pm
last one....

jasona
Aug-05-2007, 5:39pm
Nice back figure there.

Mark Walker
Aug-06-2007, 7:42am
Ken - looks like another beauty. Is that one spoken for? You must have a steady stream of interest in your distressed models - seems like you don't have many requests for 'shiny' ones!

Keep up the great work.

kyken
Aug-06-2007, 1:24pm
yes Mark, but it will stay here in Ky. by the way, Joe's is on the way, making that long trek up to Alaska.
thanks....

NUGmando
Aug-09-2007, 8:14pm
I just wanted to post a few comments about this Silverangel mandolin. #First of all this makes Silverangel number 6 for me...I have an A-model, 2-point and now this distressed F in my collection and all three are exceptional mandolins. #I met Ken today and picked this mandolin up and I'm in love with it. #I love the distressed look and the sound is second to none. #This mandolin has plenty of volume and tone...even from top to bottom and the D-string in particular is something else....and to beat all it's only three days old.....my 2-point is fours years old and it already is right there with it...I can only imagine what a little curing and time will do...man am I excited about this instrument. #Ken was great to work with and gave me everything I expected and more.

jasona
Aug-09-2007, 10:52pm
Congrats! Enjoy it. I also love the D string on my A style, and the G has a strong D overtone too.

Mark Walker
Aug-10-2007, 7:05am
Donnie - congrats on your newest Angel. #I've had two, and am entertaining the thought of a 2-pointer from Ken next time around.

My Silver Angel F5 #231 - played often by my cousin and his son (my cousin has a Silver Angel two-pointer as well) - has opened up tremendously and was sounding better than my first one a few weeks after arriving. #Ken and Laura both have a knack for making mandolins with consistently great tone.

Enjoy your latest Angel! #(Sounds like you are!)

kyken
Aug-10-2007, 11:32am
Thanks for the nice comments, glad you like it Donnie, sure sounded good in there yesterday in that Mexican restaurant along with the Mariachi music. Don't forget the Spanish phrases I taught you!!!

NUGmando
Aug-10-2007, 10:40pm
Ken, Coach G and I have been working on our Spanish all day....I think we have those phrases under control...the more I play #267, the more I like it. I really like the fact that you don't lose any volume as you move down the neck...it's really consistent from one end of the neck to the other...I let my father-in-law look at it tonight and he thought it was a very old mandolin. I just can't play it enough to satisfy me...I even took it to work with me today....and for the record Mark, my 2-point is also a hoss of a mandolin...I've gotten several comments from people who've heard me play on stage...they seem to be really impressed that my 2-point has so much punch and power...it may not be an "F" but it's still a super mandoin that equals and surpasses a lot of F-style mandolins that I've played...so, if my recommendation is worth a grain of salt to you, give a 2-point a try.....the way I see it if it plays great and sounds great, it is great whether it's an A, 2 or F.... and from what I've experienced with Ken's mandolins...they're all pretty special instruments that have everything a picker is looking for.

NUGmando
Aug-10-2007, 10:54pm
oh yeah, Ken, I forgot to tell you that we practiced the phrases on some of our buddies at work today....they were flattered.

Nester
Aug-10-2007, 11:24pm
Hello! I would love to have a mando like this one. Can the builder send me some info and prices? Thank you, and God bless!
John
johnnydenali99@yahoo.com

Mark Walker
Aug-11-2007, 7:35am
Johnnydenali99 - you can check Ken's basic mandolin lines, prices, pictures, contact information, etc. by clicking HERE (http://silverangelmandolins.com/) for his website.

Happy shopping! #If you talk with him or Laura, you'll find they'll cater to your specific desires with no hassles.#http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

NUGmando
Aug-11-2007, 8:42am
I'll have to agree Johnnydenali....that's why I have purchased 6 mandolins from Ken...because everytime I get an itch to buy a new one...I call Ken.....his mandolins will be right up there with the best and he won't insult you with an off the wall ticket price....total buying experience with Ken is top notch...he sent me pictures of every stage of this mandolin, answers any questions you have, and is very good about communicating with you. I highly recommend him.

hernbone
Aug-11-2007, 9:10am
All right absolutely beautiful, how and where can I get tuner knobs like the ones on this one? http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

NUGmando
Aug-11-2007, 9:33am
You'll have to talk to Ken about that hernbone...it's a personal touch that he applies to his mandoins.

NUGmando
Aug-20-2007, 10:26pm
just thought I'd drop back by and let everyone know that I'm still very much enjoying my new Silverangel....it's truly a HOSS. Played it with the band on-stage over the weekend and it mic'ed very well...I'm as pleased as can be.