PDA

View Full Version : Angel Eyes

Scott Tichenor
May-23-2004, 6:54am
This has just been released and Mid-Continent Music has the first available copies (http://www.midcontinentmusic.com/detail.cfm?Catalogid=1895) in stock being from Chicago and close friends with Don. If you love jazz mandolin, this is a must. Lots of favorite jazz standards like All The Things You Are, Round Midnight, The Way You Look Tonight, etc. Marvelous. Just when you think Don can't get any better... he does. Superb.

Scott Tichenor
May-23-2004, 6:56am
Also, one of Don's friends and a fellow board member has 25 of these he's going to help distribute but I'll let him speak for himself. I hope Don sells a million of these. They'll be for sale everywhere eventually so my only goal is helping get the word out and seeing lots of them sold. Great music.

Ted Eschliman
May-23-2004, 11:36am
Hoping to see my shipment in the next coupla days (I have a limited supply coming to me for my website...) Don's terrific new album (http://members.aol.com/mandohack/angeleyes.html), but whether or not you get them from me or Midcontinent, it's important that the word get out--this is a FANTASTIC project.
The interplay between Carlini and Stiernberg is amazing. Don always sounds great, but you put the two these together and it's yet another case of the sum being greater than its parts.
I'm on about my 5th spin of the CD, and still uncovering new things I like about it.
Woof.

om21ed
May-26-2004, 9:40pm
Got mine today from Mid-Continent--very quick delivery--i had ordered it after seeing Scott's posting. A great disc, I especially like They Can't Take That Away From Me.

Billy Mack
May-28-2004, 8:44am
Received my copy and it is very nice - I like track 10, In A Sentimental Mood.

PlayerOf8
May-28-2004, 1:37pm
Okay my friends, how do we get this nominated for a Grammy? All 11 tracks kick butt. I'm sure that Jethro and Mr. Grappelli are looking down from above with big smiles on their faces. It will be in my CD player for a long time.
Get this one quick!!!!!!

George

Dave Voyles
May-28-2004, 2:24pm
At the risk of being thought to be old, does anyone else remember the phrase "make-out music"? This is great stuff and would have been great stuff in the mid fifties when I was young and foolish. Don is indeed a gem.

John Soper
May-30-2004, 3:49pm
Got "Angel Eyes" last week- somehow can't keep it off my CD player! Four thumbs up!

johnwalser
Jun-12-2004, 5:46pm
Got my copy today from Ted. This goes beyond GREAT MUSIC! It is simply genius at work. Every stroke is a masterpiece. My darling wife even gets it!! Now I understand what jazz is suppost to be about. It is playing for the 4th time through my system. What can anyone say, buy this CD!
(one could guess that I dig it.)
John

PlayerOf8
Jun-20-2004, 7:16am
Two weeks later, and this is still the only CD in my player. There's a whole lot of music here for just two guys. BRAVO! Double Bravo!!

George

Rich
Jun-28-2004, 11:42am
I also love this CD. I got it just a few days ago and have played it over and over. Truely a gem. Thanks Don!