PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky KM-300 Electric

John Flynn
May-22-2004, 5:32pm
Just FYI, I played one of the new Kentucky solid-body electrics today. If you are not familiar, one is depicted here:
http://www.elderly.com/new_instruments/items/KM300E.htm

I was really tempted to buy it on the spot. Fit and finish were very good. The back has a nice countour. Playbility was good. It has a fat neck and a radiused fretboard, which I liked, But it has very narrow neck, which took a bit of getting used to. The only amp available to play it through was a bass amp with no effects. It did sound very clear and clean. The controls were nice and smooth, with no static. The mando is really, really heavy for its size! With all that density, the sustain though a good amp should be exceptional. I really like the tailpiece design. It can take ball-end and loop end strings interchangeably. I think every mando should have that! Anyhow, I think the Mandobird has more than met its match!

Dave Voyles
May-31-2004, 9:13am
Anyone else had a chance to try the KM-300E? I price seems right. I just need to know a little more before I decide to buy one instead of a new fly rod.

CatJag
May-31-2004, 2:00pm
I've had mine for a couple weeks now, and I love it. Playability and sound are both wonderful. And it looks great, too! I highly recommend it. I've seen quite a few on eBay (which is where I got mine) for really reasonable prices, so check it out if you're interested.

peterbc
Jun-01-2004, 4:58pm
How does it compare with the Mandobird?

OSA
Jun-04-2004, 7:04pm
I bought one on Ebay recently, only to find out that after I paid for it, the seller didn't actually have it. #They told me that it would be a 3-4 week wait while it was on back order. #http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

I see that Elderly has it at the same price. #I should of ordered it from them in the first place. #Now I need to get my money back and then place the order with Elderly.

CatJag
Jun-05-2004, 1:37am
I'm sorry to hear about the bad eBay purchase, OSA. I hope you get your money back trouble free.

peterbc- I've never played a Mandobird (gasp!) so unfortunately I can't answer your question.

Has anyone else played one of these? I'm still thrilled with mine.