PDA

View Full Version : What bridge on eastmans

Troyer
Jul-22-2007, 8:59pm
I have an Eastman 515 #450 about a year old that was bought from Stephan at Giannas. It has an awsome sound to it but was thinking of upgrading the bridge to a cumberland. Looking at the cumberland and my bridge, they almost look alike.It has the small wheels and looks like ebony. Anyone know what kind of bridges these mandos come with? Thanks Don

DryBones
Jul-22-2007, 10:19pm
Steve might have already put a Cumberland on it. I would check with him first.

Stephen Perry
Jul-23-2007, 6:34am
The newer Eastman bridges are decent. The Cumberland uses better wood and compensation and tighter fit on superior posts. Nice. Makes a difference. The older Eastman bridges weren't as good as the newer ones.

JHo
Jul-23-2007, 10:42am
I swapped my stock bridge out for a Brekke bridge, and I get a much woodier tone now. This took the metal thumbscrews out of the picture, so that the vibration of the strings only has to travel through wood before it gets to the top, instead of through wood and metal and then wood again to get to the top.

bluegrassdan
Jul-23-2007, 3:56pm
Love to get a more deep woody tone on my Eastman 515. Installed a Cumberland acoustic and it might be somewhat better than before but still more sharp than I would like. Is Brekke the way to go?

Stephen Perry
Jul-24-2007, 5:55pm
Squeeze the mandolin plates to flex them. Will warm it up a great deal if done right. Don't break it.