PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on mandolin instruction in eugene, or

wholt
Jul-19-2007, 1:55pm
hello, I was curious if any of you know of a good intermediate to advanced mandolin teacher in the Eugene, OR area? #Any and all responses welcome. #Thanks

healyholt

seththedude
Jul-19-2007, 2:54pm
I'm not sure. The mando player from the Sugarbeets might teach. You could probably contact him through their website. I play in Roseburg and am often looking for more advanced players to pick with. There is a really good player here, Joe Ross, who may be available for lessons.
We'll be playing Little Brothers Pub in Roseburg next monday. Bring your mando down and maybe we could pick a few. I'm sure we could learn a little off each other.

John Rosett
Jul-19-2007, 3:25pm
Check ouyt Mckenzie River Music. The owner, Bob November is a mandolin player and should be able to help.

wholt
Jul-19-2007, 3:48pm
Thanks for the responses. I plan to go to mckenzie river soon to discuss this with Bob. Seth, thanks for the offer, unfortunately I can't get away next Monday. Are you guys ever in Eugene? I will keep a close eye out for you guys. I will try to look up Joe Ross as well. Thanks for the reply.

seththedude
Jul-19-2007, 4:03pm
We occasionally have been up to Eugene but it has been a while. Bob definatly knows his mandolins and should be able to help.

michaell
Jul-20-2007, 7:21pm
I'll be in Eugene sometime near the end of August. Maybe we can set up something.