PDA

View Full Version : Hot club sandwich

alanh
Jul-05-2007, 9:20pm
While at this year's symposium I bought the disc Green Room by the band Hot Club Sandwich. As many of you may know their mandolinist is Matt Circely who led the swing jam at the symposium (this year and last year) and the band also features Greg Ruby, who was at last year's symposium.

Like everybody who met them at the symposium knows, Matt and Greg are excellent musicians and great guys. But what I didn't know until I finally played the disc today is that the band is terrific!

If you like gypsy swing or just swing or just music, you will really like this band.

Alan

seththedude
Jul-06-2007, 11:34am
These guys are great. We have played a few shows with them in Roseburg, OR. The after show jams often go on until 3 or 4 am and can get pretty wild. They are excellent pickers and nice guys too.

Tbone
Jul-06-2007, 1:18pm
I heard that Matt has a book of gypsy jazz tunes out for mandolin, that he was selling at the symposium. Anyone have any info on this, or where to order it?

alanh
Jul-06-2007, 4:46pm
He does have a book of 25 gypsy jazz tunes, including some standards, such as All of Me, I'll See You in My Dreams, Out of Nowhere, plus a number of Django tunes. #Probably the best thing is to contact him about it. #His address is at the hotclubsandwich.com website.

mandolooter
Jul-06-2007, 10:36pm
Hot Club Sandwich....makin me hungry...rrrrrrrr!