PDA

View Full Version : Ken sager's solo cd

Milan Christi
Jun-24-2007, 12:43pm
I saw Ken Sager’s CD announced on the Café home page so I ordered a copy – all I can say is “Wow!” It’s a terrific piece of work. Ken’s playing all of the instruments so it’s a completely solo project. His mix of traditional and self-penned instrumentals fit together like hand in glove and showcase his highly polished musicianship on several instruments. His Arches mandolin is featured throughout and his masterful picking is complemented with lots of tasty, free-flowing guitar playing and then married up with banjo and bass in some really unique arrangements.

His originals are really original – you can pick out some influences here and there but there’s no cloning happening here. And his arranging is equally as creative. It’s impressive enough that he wrote 10 of the sixteen tracks but factor in that he recorded, produced and mixed the whole session himself. Pretty darned amazing.

This album has found its place among my regularly rotated favorites – all in all it’s a completely entertaining concert.

NFI – I only know Ken as a fellow Arches owner and Café member but I can recommend this cd to you without reservation.

Ken Sager
Jun-25-2007, 3:46pm
Thanks for the kind words, Milan. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was fun to make, but a lot of work.

Best,
Ken