PDA

View Full Version : New pomeroy

Jasper
Jun-15-2007, 9:21pm
To all,

I haven't been on in months but I thought I would pass on some good words about Pomeroy Mandolins. I contracted with Don about 8 months for #96, a custom F4.

I received #96 today and I am amazed by his splendid work. The fit and finish are as close to perfect as one can hope for. Every detail that he and I talked about was beautifully crafted.

And lest we forget the sound...beautiful tone and strong volume with that wonderful oval hole bass response. The highs are very clear and across the board everything is well balanced...a true joy to play.

My thanks to Don Paine at Pomeroy for a job well done!

I would post a picture, but we have dial up 'cause we live past way out yonder, so I just can't.

Cheers,

Jasper

otterly2k
Jun-15-2007, 9:26pm
Perhaps Don has a shot or two?

jim_n_virginia
Jun-16-2007, 11:42am
I received #96 today and I am amazed by his splendid work. #

I would post a picture, but we have dial up 'cause we live past way out yonder, so I just can't.
Jasper I think it is against the law to talk about a new mandolin and then not post pictures! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

LKN2MYIS
Jun-16-2007, 1:21pm
Can Don post it for you?

I have #64 (F4), and I still love it.

mandomick
Jun-16-2007, 6:14pm
Jasper, I posted a bunch on a dial up connection. Just go to your pictures and check out the editing stuff. Should be able to re-size for e mailing. When you look at them again you'll have your original and another marked "small" and the smaller ones should post.

Jasper
Jun-17-2007, 9:48pm
Pictures?

Jasper
Jun-17-2007, 9:53pm
back...

Jasper
Jun-17-2007, 10:04pm
reclining...

LKN2MYIS
Jun-18-2007, 4:47am
Simply lovely.

Elliot Luber
Jun-18-2007, 7:23am
Wow!

Lee
Jun-18-2007, 11:23am
Looks a little bit glossier than Don's typical finish.
Very nice indeed!!

Jasper
Jun-18-2007, 1:11pm
Yes, the finish looks glossy in the pictures, but it is actually a bit more muted than it appears...not a matte by any means, more like a lustre or sheen. It is varnish. Thanks for the kind words...I owe Don the credit for producing such a fine instrument. I played her at church yesterday and what a beautiful tone and the volume is amazing out of an oval hole mandolin. Don said he was very pleased with the sound of the mandolin before he shipped her to me, and so am I.