PDA

View Full Version : Butch update

Chippster
Jun-06-2007, 1:07pm
I just got an email from Butch's family through a neighbor in Nashville and I got Sinclair's persmission to post it here. Please pardon formatting oddities as i wanted the message to be the exact words.

Dear Friends and Family,
Thanks for all of your support during these trying times. Your cards, meals, organic veggies, flowers and prayers have meant so much and continue
to help us get through each day. We met with the neuro-oncologist last week. He was very thorough, factual and concise and quoted more statistics than I can repeat. We are glad to know exactly what we are dealing with "a lower end of grade 3 spectrum anaplastic astrocytoma". It is a brain tumor made of glial cells (from greek "glue") which stick to neighboring structures and form, in this case, kind of a starlike, weblike structure. It is treated, with good results ,with a combination of radiation and chemo treatments. We will begin the treatment tomorrow at 11:00 am CST and will go M-F for 6 weeks. After we finish the
treatments, the full results of the radiation will show in an MRI. We have learned that these tumor cells will never just go away, but they will go dormant for a period of 3-5 years, when the process might begin again.
We have a very bright outlook and are practicing all avenues of alternative treatments, from clinical trials of drugs that inhibit growth of blood vessels to tumors to macrobiotic cooking as well as many "whole body" holistic therapies, cleansings and acupuncture.
Nashville Mandolin Ensemble, led by Butch, played a great concert in a beautiful historic hall in Americus, Georgia last weekend. Although he was tired, Butch was delighted to be able to do what he loves most (or second to playing with Blake). Here's to him being able to continue playing throughout his recovery.
We are grateful to all of you for our support and are so glad you don't mind the impersonal nature of e-mail. It has really made it easier than the telephone. Thank you for keeping us in your prayers. God is definitely carrying us through this.
Look for Butch and John Mock's new CD of beautiful Irish music...www.soundartrecordings.com.
You can also visit mandocafe.com for more music and Butch news. Bless you all .

We are so lucky to have you in our lives. With much love,

Lelia Sinclair, Butch and Blake

JeffD
Jun-06-2007, 1:40pm
That sounds positive.

Bob_Blackman
Jun-06-2007, 2:11pm
I just received a copy of Butch and John Mock's CD "Music of O'Carolan," which Butch sent me for my radio show. It's a gorgeous album -- as you'd expect, when you combine Butch's playing with some of the loveliest Irish melodies ever composed -- and I'd certainly urge Butch's fans to do themselves (and him) a favor by ordering a copy. Like all of you, I wish him a speedy and complete recovery, and I hope he sells loads of copies of this new CD to help get him through this tough time.

Rick Cadger
Jun-06-2007, 2:32pm
keeping my fingers crossed. like Jeff said, sounds positive. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif