PDA

View Full Version : All tabs troubles

kirkw101
Jun-04-2007, 6:21pm
I downloaded that tabedit thing but when I try to open a tab a microsoft window pops up and say cannot do it.

what am I not doing right?
kirk

psann
Jun-04-2007, 6:33pm
After you downloaded it, did you click on the .exe file to install it. If it is not coming up, something may have gone wrong in the download. You may need to delete and download it again.

Pete Braccio
Jun-04-2007, 6:43pm
And, just to take another step back, you need to get the TEFViewer program to display the Tabledit (TEF) files. You can get that at Tabledit's wen site (http://tabledit.com/). It was unclear to me wether you got this program or just the files.

Pete

kirkw101
Jun-04-2007, 7:55pm
yeah I did all that.
even deleted and redid it 3 times.

oh well.
kirk

Walter Newton
Jun-04-2007, 8:56pm
What exactly does the window say?

kirkw101
Jun-04-2007, 11:34pm
some jive about program cannot be found/run.
and something about the file code(3 letters at the end like doc,jpg,gif)
I have no clue.
kirk

250sc
Jun-05-2007, 6:23am
Maybe the TEF file isn't associated with tabledit. Normally this is done automatically but you can do it manually if you know where the application has been installed. Open the Tools drop down menu and select Folder Options. then click on the file type tab, select TEF files and point to the Tabledit executable.

What happens when you click on the Tabledit icon, in programs? Does Tabledit open? If not you haven't installed it properly.

PseudoCelt
Jun-05-2007, 6:24am
Are you opening TEFViewer (or TablEdit) first, then opening the .tef file from within TEFViewer, or are you just clicking on the .tef file? It could be that Windows cannot find the program by itself, for some reason.

Patrick