PDA

View Full Version : Bose pas

Tim2723
Jun-03-2007, 9:56pm
I didn't want to hijack the current threads on the Bose PAS, but I have a couple of basic questions that the users here might answer quickly.

I'm half of an acoustic duo. #We use two vocal mics and three instruments inputs (guitar, mandolin, banjo). #Sometimes a third guy will join in with fiddle and/or bodhran, but that's not the norm.

We play in very tight quarters. #We often have about 10 x 5 feet to work in.

We play to crowd of maybe 100 plus or minus, but they are often right on top of us. #Literally knocking the mics into our teeth.

Currently we use an 8 channel head with two 12" mains on poles and a pair of 10" floor wedges. #We don't have too many feedback problems, although you'd expect we would.

In those tight quarters, standing right on top of everything, would the Bose work for us? #If so, how would we plug all our stuff into it? #To be honest, I can't make heads or tails of the Bose site.

Thanks!

TonyP
Jun-03-2007, 11:25pm
Hi Tim,
have you looked at the thread just a couple down" Review: first gig with the bose pas system " ?
There's some really good stuff in there as to who can use it and what the problems seem to be.

jim_n_virginia
Jun-04-2007, 10:01am
Bose has a free 45 day trial. Why not order direct from Bose, try it out and if you don't like it or it doesn't work in the venues you play at send it back and consider the shipping charges rent for using a cool PA for month and a half. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Tim2723
Jun-04-2007, 11:18am
Jim, thanks. You just answered my question with your last post in your other thread. Tells me all I wanted to really know.