PDA

View Full Version : Home Brewed Streaming Old Time

mandorado
May-18-2004, 5:23pm
I'm streaming some old time style tunes from home. If you feel like listening in, my link is posted here.
MacStream.com (http://www.rogueamoeba.net/streams/index.cgi?group=Country)
There are currently 8 slots and it's streaming at 56kbps. So a better than modem connection is required.
I'm still working on a page with playlist and info on where you can order the music. If you are interested in buying any of the music, just email me and I'll tell you where you can get it.

mandorado
May-21-2004, 5:55pm
If anyone has tried ... I'm having a technical problem with the music stream. Doesn't look like anyone is interest in using it though, so I'll post when it's available.

Jeff_Stallard
Jun-09-2004, 2:22pm
Your link pulled up the Country category, and the only station in there is Zebra Radio. I'm guessing that's not yours because it ain't old time. I'm definitely interested in listening (at work) as soon as you get it up and running.

Darren
Jun-10-2004, 8:54am
I am intersted in listen too. Please let us know when its back up.

mandorado
Jun-29-2004, 11:12am
Hey can you guys check the link again and see if it's working now? I might have it fixed.

Darren
Jun-29-2004, 12:45pm
mandorado,

Sorry it did not work for me.

mandorado
Jun-29-2004, 10:01pm
Can someone try it again? Thanks!

Hey if anyone knows anything about firewalls and routers ... I might be able to use some advice if this is not working now.

Jeff_Stallard
Jun-30-2004, 8:08am
"Cannot connect to server"

http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

Jim Garber
Jun-30-2004, 8:15am
I was able to download a file called playlist.pls but then I can;rt seem to connect to the URL that the stream is located at.

Jim

mandorado
Jun-30-2004, 6:21pm
I know this has something to do with my router and firewall ... but I'm coming up with nil, even when I follow the instructions. Dang.
I'll keep trying.

mandorado
Jul-05-2004, 3:05pm
If anyones got a few minutes to try this again ... I would appreciate your time.
thanks,
JM

chirorehab
Jul-05-2004, 3:09pm
Sounds good to me!

Eric

mandorado
Jul-05-2004, 4:23pm
Cool ... enjoy!
I'll probably switch playlists daily ... right now I only have three. But they are pretty long.

Jeff_Stallard
Jul-07-2004, 1:10pm
Woohoo! It's working! Sounds pretty good so far.

mandorado
Jul-07-2004, 4:30pm
If anyone want's me to lower the bit rate so they can listen from a modem connection ... just post a request. It's easy to switch.
Glad it's working.

Jim Garber
Jul-07-2004, 5:44pm
Sorry... I can't seem to get anything to sound. Any clues. I click and just download a playlist file and that is it.

Looks like you are polaying some good stuff too. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

Jim

mandorado
Jul-07-2004, 5:52pm
Well, if you have a Mac, you should just be able to click it and it launches iTunes. I'm not sure about PCs ... we need a PC user to comment if that's the case.
Yeah, there is some good music playing right now. That Roots of American Fiddle Music CD is great ... and there are a lot of tunes on it.

Jim Garber
Jul-07-2004, 5:55pm
I have a Mac but all it does is download that playlist.pls. I tried to open that file in iTunes but that doesn't work either. I double-clicked that file and it says opening URL in iTunes and then... nothing. Frustrating.

Jim

mandorado
Jul-07-2004, 6:04pm
What's is your connection type? Modem, DSL, cable, wireless?

Jim Garber
Jul-07-2004, 7:00pm
I am on cable modem. iTunes seems to try to connect but nothiung happens. Is there a setting I have to deal with?

Jim

mandorado
Jul-07-2004, 7:10pm
There is a setting to "connect to internet when needed" in general prefs. Don't know if that's the problem or not though. You should be able to connect with cable and get good streaming speed.

mandorado
Jul-16-2004, 4:14pm
If someone has a chance could you please tell me if this is working ... I can't test it from inside my lan.
Thanks!

Jim Garber
Jul-16-2004, 4:38pm
I finally got it work on my PC, but I think the Mac might be a losing proposition.

Great stuff... I caught the Improbabillies CD.

Jim

mandorado
Jul-16-2004, 4:45pm
Groovy http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Any mac users game to try it ... please let me know.

Jim Garber
Jul-16-2004, 4:59pm
I finally got it to work on my Mac in iTunes. Came in loud and clear.

Jim

mandorado
Jul-16-2004, 5:03pm
I dropped the stream quality down to 24 kbps ... that might have helped. If it doesn't sound good give me a shout and I'll bump it back up to 56 kbps.
For now I'll leave it at 24 for modem users.