PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati scene - 2007?

MandoCincy
May-29-2007, 4:29pm
Hi all,

I didn't find anything very recent for Cincy when I searched this topic area, so thought I'd put up a new post.

Anyone know of a regular gathering of mando or other acoustic musicians in the Cincinnati area?

For that matter, I'd be thrilled just to find one or more folks to practice with in the Cincinnati area. Extra bonus points for Glendale or Glendale-near neighborhoods.

Currently I'm mostly playing tunes out of the Fiddlers Fakebook, but I'm open to just about any tunes for which I can find tabs or notation.

I do know about the Dayton Mandolin Orchestra - but hoping to track down something or someone a bit closer to home.

Thanks in advance! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

ourgang
May-29-2007, 5:22pm
There is a jam session every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at the Masonic Lodge in Hebron, Kentucky. It is sponsored by the Northern Kentucky Bluegrass Music Association. All are welcome.

violmando
May-30-2007, 12:08pm
Hey, I'm a member of the Dayton Mando Orch, but since I'm a teacher, I've got some free time this summer so maybe I can come down your way and play some fiddle tunes with you---you'd have to give me good directions, tho'. School ends for me on June 11th and except for two workshops--one's the American Mandolin and Guitar Summer School in RI (shameless plug--I think it's phenomenal!!!!!!) I'm pretty free. We also have two DMO members from down your way, but I don't know where exactly they live. Give me a holler and maybe we can get together. I live in Yellow springs if you ever want to drive up, too. Yvonne