PDA

View Full Version : Arcadia mandolin's

hags28
May-18-2007, 3:10pm
I have an Arcadia Mandoline that I was told dates back to the 1940's. It was my great uncle's, we just had it cleaned up and I have started to try to learn how to play. I was wandering the history of Arcadia Mandolin's. I have googled and checked wikepedia and can find no information whatsoever, as if they don't exist. If anyone can help with any information it would be much appreciated.

Jim Garber
May-18-2007, 4:42pm
Post a photo. It might be made by a common manufacturer for a store by that name. I surmise by your spelling that you are not in the US? is this a bowlback or flatback or carved?

Jim

jk245
May-18-2007, 6:37pm
Do you have an Arcadia dobro resonator?
There was a series of Supro Arcadia guitars made in 1939-1940. It could be that they also made a mandolin model.
Supro was the low cost brand of the National Dobro. The Arcadia were manufactured by Harmony. If it has a metal plate on the top there might be a Supro logo imprint.
You might want to contact Supro to determine if they have a history of what instruments they had produced with the Arcadia name. Zinky/Smokey/Supro, PO Box 3973, Flagstaff, AZ 86003, 928.522.0800, info@suprousa.com

hags28
May-21-2007, 10:13am
Thanks for the input. #I will try to get a photo posted. #And no, I'm from the US. #The spelling is a typo. #It's not a resonator or a bowl back. #I don't know enough about it to say much more, a picture would probably be best. #Again, thanks to all.