PDA

View Full Version : 1917 Gibson F2

peterleyenaar
May-16-2004, 1:17pm
Ain't she a bute ?

Ken
May-16-2004, 3:24pm
Absolutely! and looks mighty well cared for too.

Ken.

ira
May-17-2004, 7:36am
spectacu....... ooops sorry, a little drool hit the key board- spectacular!

Bob Caldwell
May-17-2004, 7:56am
Peter, It is a beauty, and it really hurt to sell it. It actually has that wonderful full and sweet oval sound. Enjoy it!
Bob

danb
May-17-2004, 9:55am
Ok for me to use that image in the mandolin archive? I'd like to see the back too http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

John Zimm
May-17-2004, 11:40am
Wow, that is absolutely beautiful.

-John.

peterleyenaar
May-17-2004, 11:47am
Bob, I didn't know the mandolin came from you,
I bought it from Cotton Music in Nashville, Roland White was so kind to check the mandolin #for me and told me it was a fine mandolin with very nice tone.
Bob do you have any history on the mandolin, how long did you own it and whom did you buy it from ?
I'll take real good care of it and, if I ever decided to sell it , I'll let you have first right of refusal.

Dan, by all means use the image, if you wish I can get you an image without the strap attached, I'll post an image of the back, although the back has some (button) marks on it.
Dan, thanks for the feedback on the Lebeda.

Best Regards
Peter

Bob Caldwell
May-17-2004, 12:05pm
Peter, It was on consignment from me at Cotten. I also have the '23 H-2, Flatiron Octave and a '48 00-17 with Kim. I bought the F-2 from Gruhn in 1998(I think). It was in very good shape except for the neck. I took it to Tony Williamson at Mandolin Central for a set up. One of the main reasons I put all these up for sale is that my Gil finally arrived in September and I haven't touched anything else since (except for a fiddle I just got). It's funny that Roland checked it out, we actually know each other. Again, enjoy it, it's a sweetheart.
Bob Caldwell

danb
May-17-2004, 1:13pm
Thanks Peter. Did you end up getting a Lebeda?

If you can read the FON (look up at the neck block through the sound hole, should be a stamped number on there) we also like to post those http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

peterleyenaar
May-17-2004, 8:58pm
Dan , my email is peterleyenaar@look.ca
Send me an email and I'send the images directly, it may take a few days, I have to take some shots of the back.

Peter