PDA

View Full Version : Tuning machines

mandolinplayingpreacher
May-04-2007, 4:49pm
I am considering changing tuning machines on my mandolin to grover tuners. I would like to know if anyone has changed to these tuners, if so... (do you like them, did it make a difference, and are they worth it?)

sunburst
May-04-2007, 5:01pm
Welcome to the Cafe, Paul! and allow me to introduce you to the 'search' feature. See those little rectangles up there to the right that say 'search', 'members' and 'help'? If you click the 'search' button and type in "tuners Grover" or various combinations of words you will get something like these results. (http://www.mandolincafe.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=Search&CODE=02&SID=463babc62af9fcb1).
The tuner swapping topic has come up so many times that all the information you are looking for and much more is already available here.

Tim2723
May-04-2007, 6:44pm
You'll certianly find a lot of good info here that way, but I don't mind answering a common question.

I use Grovers on several different instruments, mandolin, guitar, banjo, even dulcimer and ukulele. They're a good quality tuner and a reliable product with a long history. There are a lot of good tuners on the market. More important is 'why' you feel the need to change. Many tuner related problems are due to poor installation or adjustment of the existing tuners, and changing them is not always the answer.

What are you experiencing?