PDA

View Full Version : Songs of the mountain

DryBones
Apr-26-2007, 8:34pm
anybody else catch this show? I just found it and they have a nice bluegrass show from the State Theatre in Marion, Virginia. Funny I can't find it on Virginia Public TV though.

fiddlingdan
Apr-26-2007, 8:43pm
Try and watch it every week, they have had some great shows. Jesse Mc Reynolds was on there a couple of weeks ago.
I've tried to tape them as they come on really some great music. Comes on Thursday night in the Roanoke area on Cox channel 4 at 10:00
Dan

f5loar
Apr-26-2007, 9:53pm
I get it on cable Sat. night around midnight. Pretty decent bluegrass/old time coming out of the VA/MD area.

fiddlingdan
Apr-27-2007, 4:30pm
Had Paul Williams on there last night was a rerun as I had seen it before but was still great.
He was with his group The Victory Trio
Dan

DryBones
Apr-27-2007, 4:43pm
I've got my TiVo grabbing it every week now. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

johnM
Apr-28-2007, 7:18pm
I'm glad to hear its in sindication. Here in TN, I played it about a year and a half ago with Highway 11. Its a really cool place to play and even cooler to have it taped for TV. I watch it as much as I can, they have a bunch of "local" talent from TN and VA and its nice to see these people getting recognition.

JM