PDA

View Full Version : how to post pic of my new mando?

cam
May-13-2004, 2:03am
Can someone please tell me how to upload a pic of my mando on the site?

Bobbie Dier
May-13-2004, 3:49am
cam,
Go to the top of the page. Go to main menue(where it says mandolin cafe message board) .When you get to that, go all the way to the bottom of the page under the heading Posting Guidelines. There is a thread under that heading that will help.
ima

cam
May-13-2004, 4:21am
Aha thanks - it seems to be an Opera browser problem. Using Firefox browser I can now see the File Attachments box, weird.

So here's my mando anyhow. The make is Tennessee and it is Korean made, the best I could afford at the moment here in Germany.

neal
May-13-2004, 3:50pm
Looks rather nice, I'd say.

London Al
May-13-2004, 5:12pm
I think it's very nice too.
Not a scroll in sight!
Lovely Art deco headstock, bound f holes and if those neck inlays are stepped , i'm begining to see D' Angelico New Yorker references here.
Is it a carved top though cam?

ira
May-13-2004, 6:20pm
sure looks like a carved top.

enjoy and don't sweat what you can afford- any mando you are playing is more fun than none at all. pickaway and have a blast!

cam
May-14-2004, 8:24am
I think it's very nice too.
Not a scroll in sight!
Lovely Art deco headstock, bound f holes and if those neck inlays are stepped , i'm begining to see D' Angelico New Yorker references here.
Is it a carved top though cam?
Hi London Al, excuse my ignorance here but do you mean a solid top? If so then yes. I don't have anything to compare it with but to my ears it sounds pretty good. Easy to play and stays in tune as well.

London Al
May-14-2004, 3:08pm
Hi cam, yeah I mean solid top.
It's not your ignorance, please excuse my bad language!

cam
May-15-2004, 1:46am
I'm guessing a carved top is more commonly used in the US. Think I'll start calling it that as well!