PDA

View Full Version : Merlefest

Ken Berner
Apr-05-2007, 9:06am
It is only three more weeks to MerleFest and I am chomping at the bit. I think this will be the 20th edition and it promises to be another outstanding event. I will be looking for MANDOLINCAFE t-shirts, in hopes of meeting some of you folks. Last year I had the pleasure of meeting J.J. Boone for a brief visit, as we were hustling to different venues. Mando Mania will include Tony Williamsom, Sam Bush, Wayne Benson, James Nash, Peter Rowan, Ronnie McCoury and Patrick Sauber. Hope to see you there!

Rick Schmidlin
Apr-05-2007, 11:02am
I was there last year and it was a lifetime memory for me, I had full access passes so I got to mingle with da stars.This year i am stuck in Vancouver and can't go, so for all those do have a great time it worth it!

first string
Apr-05-2007, 11:05am
No, and I don't like to talk about it http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

Probably be there next year though http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

ee2b
Apr-05-2007, 11:25am
I'm going this year again, last year was my first time.

I stayed at the WFD campground "Sewerfest" (it's at the sewer treatment plant property) and I'm staying there again this year, It was a blast there last year, with lots of good people and some late night jams.

I'll be looking for the Tortis shell pick guy to trade the pick I bought last year for something a little thicker.

Ira Chavis
Apr-05-2007, 11:33am
I'll be there...2nd time (was there last year!). look for the red calton mandolin case with stickers all over it.

ira

edguy
Apr-05-2007, 11:56am
Going back for the 4th time and I can't wait. I've convinced my son, the rock-and-roll cellist, to come along this year. He's going to be amazed at the level of musicianship he will encounter ... even in the parking lot!

Ken Berner
Apr-05-2007, 12:04pm
If y'all see either one of these faces, please stop and introduce yourselves. The fellow on the left needs no introduction!

Lane Pryce
Apr-05-2007, 2:02pm
Oh yeah I'll be there Thursday and Saturday. Ken will you be at the mandolin contest Thursday afternoon? Saturday I'll have my son along as well and maybe even the wife. Have never been disappointed with this festival. Hope the weather is the best.

Lp

maynard g. krebs
Apr-05-2007, 2:44pm
some of the merlefest will be broadcast on xm satalite raidio.

Ken Berner
Apr-05-2007, 9:53pm
JLP, I will only be there on Saturday, but plan to take in as much as I possibly can. I can't wait to see the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Blue Highway, Del McCoury, Sierra Hull, and others. It appears that we will have to be quick on our feet between venues in order to see some of these folks. I may have to skip some of Mando Mania, which I regret.

Phil Goodson
Apr-05-2007, 10:15pm
I plan to be there at least on Saturday, and maybe Friday or Sunday. Great lineup this year.
Just raise your hand and I'll say hello. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Phil

f5loar
Apr-05-2007, 11:37pm
I'll be there all weekend for my 15th year as a backstage hand. Look for LoarFest West T-shirt and maybe I can dig out my old Comando shirt and hat.

wglide
Apr-06-2007, 1:58pm
Hey everyone! This is my second post on this fantastic site but I monitor Mandolin Cafe constantly. This will be my first Merlefest and will also be camping in the Sewerfest site with some veterans and would like to put some faces on these posts. My goal is to mostly do some pickin & talk and learn since I've seen most of these great performers. Think I'll wear a Mandolin Cafe t-shirt most of the time so parden me if I smell a little.See ya'll

fstylemb1
Apr-07-2007, 12:05pm
I'll be there working the FQMS booth. Hope to see y'all there. I'll probably be the only filipino guy there and probably the only person wearing a BLACK FLAG hooded sweatshirt depending on the weather! I'll have my Sumi w/ me. Another great lineup. And I would like to meet Elvis Costello!

Ken Berner
Apr-07-2007, 2:38pm
Hi Mike, I just received my D'Addario J-74 strings from you, and will be sure to introduce myself at MerleFest. Are you bringing an arsenal of mandolins or mostly banjos?

fstylemb1
Apr-07-2007, 2:48pm
Hi Ken,
I do know we'll be bringing the Sumi's and Gibsons. Eastman and Michael Kelly will also have booths there. I will be doing some mandolin scoping. I'm sure Danny Bishop will have his Violin Shop booth full of Collings mandolins. He always has a good variety of Collings mandos there.