PDA

View Full Version : Jbovier

bluegrassjack2
Mar-25-2007, 8:10am
Anyone ever played or know anything about the JBovier mandolins. Hear they are made in Korea, but that's all I know. Know of any insturment house that carries them?
Thanks

ourgang
Mar-25-2007, 8:28am
As far as I know, Jeff Cowherd, Mandolins and More www.mandolins.net is the only dealer for this mando. He has them specially made to his specs. A lot of good talk about them. Everyone says "a lot of bang for the buck".

cooper4205
Mar-25-2007, 8:44am
i got to play the first J. Bovier F-style 'Dola, though i don't know when they will go on sale. i was impressed by the fit and finish of it, and esp. the sound.

if the mandolins are like that mandola, then they would definitely be worth looking at.

Noteplayer
Mar-25-2007, 4:02pm
I bought the Shayne Bartley model about a month ago & am glad I did. They are fit, form & functionally a nice mando with terrific sound. I especially like the caramel color.

Bob

SGraham
Mar-26-2007, 10:01am
I bought a J Bovier bouzouki from Jeff. Real good buying experience and a nice instrument. Give Jeff a call.

Steve

hungry mountain boy
Mar-27-2007, 3:07pm
go to j.bovier.net and look under the find a dealer thing

I have the "Shayne Bartley Model" and I am very pleased. I

hand picked mine from 12 and thought all of the 12 were very good and only 1 not as good as the rest. I also have
a J.bovier A-model. I'd sell or trade if interested, it was listed for a while. ghurley@bluegrass.org

weleetkaoutlaws
Mar-28-2007, 12:05pm
Hello, new member here with first post. About two months ago I started searching for a new F style mandolin. I was looking for something that had roughly the same feel as my 1999 Breedlove Quartz. Specifically, a radiused fretboard, and larger fretwire (at least .078). I researched Eastman, Kentucky, MK, and Morgan Monroe. Then I came across information on the JBovier F5's. I made calls to all of the listed JBovier dealers, but ultimately ended up buying from Jeff at Mandolins & More.

I wound up with the F5-Vine in Dark Walnut satin. The fit and finish is top-notch. The sound is outstanding. At this price point you may be hard pressed to find a nicer mandolin. All in all, a very good buying experience, and Jeff is a great guy.

bluegrassjack2
Mar-29-2007, 12:31pm
Thanks weleetkaoutlaws, for ur inputs on the JBovier mandolins. Per ur msg and others i've talked to, I ordered a JBovier the F5 Tradition model. Jeff dont have any in stock right now but will get another shipment early Apr. He has one Shayne Bartley model left but it dont have the radiused fret board and the larger frets.
I dont like ordering mandolins before I get to play them but though I'd try this one anyhow.
Jack
531jgw@netscape.com

weleetkaoutlaws
Mar-29-2007, 12:38pm
Jack, I think you will be pleasantly surprised at what a value it is. Now the hard part...waiting. Let us know when you get it, and your thoughts on it.

joncl
Mar-30-2007, 10:37am
Jbovier thread (http://www.mandolincafe.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=13;t=41528)